PixLite 16 Controller

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Hi Henri,

The board can only output one protocol at a time. So if you have 2 different kinds of chips, you would need 2 controllers.

kane

Dedicated elf

ltay13

Full time elf
Neil, I tried the smaller version of the Ray Wu plug. It doesn't fit. The larger one might and if I can get a hold of them to test I'll let you know. The quality is horrible in comparison but the shape looks extremely similar.

neilric99

Full time elf
The only advise I can give is get the tails from the same source and buy enough to last you years as they will change from year to year. my idea 2 years ago was to buy enough 4 and 2 pin extension cables and even then when the next year rolled around I found that the style had changed slightly and I had to buy more sets to fit the new style that were on the pixel strings.

ltay13

Full time elf
Thanks, but we aren't buying them from a Ray Wu supplier like what you are used to though. We are getting them from a proper place and they have engineering drawings and molds for them, we're not just asking for a random waterproof plug. So they won't be changing. We picked this plug after going through samples from many suppliers.

neilric99

Full time elf
yes and that is the right way to do it. A lot of people of just picking up from Ray Wu whatever he has at that moment and that's there the fun begins.

riri7707

Full time elf
My humble experience with cheap molded plugs 4 pins (white ones bought 2 years ago) from our favorite supplier was really a nightmare... contacts are not 100% secure, you need during the lighting period to go and move the plugs because part of the display freeze or connection was interrupted. So in conclusion, you bought cheap and you get for what you paid...
From My 2 hundred pairs bought, more than 25% presents today a lot of false contacts due to winter cold conditions, etc... So take care buying really good connectors...
Other way, you will be dailly outside moving your plugs...
So few dollars more save your existence... Cry me :)

neilric99

Full time elf
I guess that buying your connectors from someone who has done all the homework and can stand by the quality of the product and support it is well worth that extra $$ .