Pixlite 4 Pixel Tree Help

Trikky72

New elf
Complete noob here
Have had a heap of WS2812 strips and a pixlite 4 for a while and have finally decided to get a pixel tree up and going for this Christmas

The issue I have is that I cannot get all of the pixels to work when being controlled by xLights
At this stage I am trying to get a tree with 12 strips and 60 pixels per strip, total 730 pixels
I have 3 strings each with 240 pixels with 4 strips of 60 pixels per string (see string pic attached)

Each string is connected to channels 1~3 on the pixlite 4
I have the Pixlite 4 configured for 2 universes/output, each universe with 120 pixels(see pixlite pic attached)

If I control the pixels via the Advatek Assistant they all work correctly

I have set up 6 x E1.31 universes each with 360 channels in the setup of xLights (see xlight pic attached)

I have created a tree with 60 pixels/string, 12 strings and 1 strand

When I send a sequence to the pixlite4, output 1 first 120 pixels work correctly, then 50 pixels are skipped then last 70 pixels work correctly.
I get similar results on outputs 2 and 3 of the pixlite4

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in

Cheers

Chris

Attachments

• string.PNG
    string.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 11
  • pixlite.PNG
    pixlite.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 11
  • xlight.PNG
    xlight.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 11

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
I had pretty much the same issue when I did my tree, it will be your addresses in Xlights that’s causing the issue but the addresses in the pixlite don't seem right either.

The only issue I can see with my limited knowledge is your pixlite start channels for output 2 should be universe 3, channel 1 and output 3 should be universe 5, channel 1.

My suggestion would be to maybe try to change your tree setup to 6 strings with 2 strands per string, 120 nodes per string. Tick the individual start channels box.

On the setup screen, Make your setup to only have 3 outputs,
1. 2 universes @ 510 channels,
2. 2 universes @ 510 channels,
3. 2 universes @ 510 channels.

Then string 1 would have start channel of universe 1, channel 1.
string 2 would be universe 1, channel 361
string 3 universe 3, channel 1
string 4 universe 3, channel 361
string 5 universe 5, channel 1
string 5 universe 5, channel 361

In the Pixlite, set output 1 to start universe 1, channel 1, 510 pixels, 0 zigzag
output 2 to start universe 3, channel 1, 510 pixels, 0 zigzag
output 3 to start universe 5, channel 1, 510 pixels, 0 zigzag.
make sure the automatic sequential channels box is unchecked.

that should fix your issues.

Trikky72

New elf
Thanks heaps Nuzzy
have managed to get it working tonight, you were right in that it was an addressing issue, not in xLights but in the Pixlite itself
still not sure why it is working as the settings I used seems like it should not address correctly but hey I am not complaining :)
now just to work out the frame for it and I will have my first network controlled light
here is a link to my setup from 5 years ago, can't seem to find a video of my more recent setup - most of the lights are made using pixels from Ray Wu

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3cVjdR4LQ&t=32s

thanks again for your help

Chris

Attachments

• working.PNG
    working.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 9