Placing strips into poly tube

grahami2006

Full time elf
Hi All from beautiful downtown Bathurst where it has just reached 3. I am trying to put led strips in a 5 metre poly tube. The strips are also 5m long but everytime I thread them through they start to twist. Have tried just about everything, even got the wife( under sufferance) to help until I started to use bad language.
Has anyone any ideas.
Thanks
Graham

ewanh

what goes here?
haven't done it myself yet, but...

Have you tried laying the strips out first for a while so they aren't 'curled' from being around the reel?

Are you running a string through the tube first, and using the string to pull the strip through?

Is the poly tube flat, without curls?

Ewan

grahami2006

Full time elf
Ewan said:
haven't done it myself yet, but...

Have you tried laying the strips out first for a while so they aren't 'curled' from being around the reel?

Are you running a string through the tube first, and using the string to pull the strip through?

Is the poly tube flat, without curls?

Ewan
Maybe need a little more warm weather to help the tubing be more pliable.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
when i did the 4M arch (the first one) i found the strip didn't lay completely flat but as soon as the pipe was bent around the arch the silicon tubed strip i used sat nice and flat.

I like David's idea of the yellow tongue support

Phil

Henedce

Apprentice elf
I used poly strapping to back my strip.
Then using a weight attached to some string, I fed that through tied off to the strapping and pulled the strip through without stressing it.