plastic enclosures used by lithgow and Yagoona

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
it would be better if every string was fused but this is my AVD DC48 controller and wont be running pixels. I will post a pic of my pixel tree controller. On the DC48 I wont be running any fuses between the controller and dumb strings. The pixels on my pixel controller are not powered by the board at all. I only have data and ground from the board. the pink wires in the photo are heavy duty speaker wire and runs a loom to every string for power injection. This runs directly to the PS via the fuse block. all ground is tied together both through the board and physically with the wiring to keep everything on a common ground. I haven't fused individual strings but rather halved the tree. So I have half the tree fused separately, one power source for each half and one side of the controller for each half as well.

Gray_magic

it would be better if every string was fused
I meant pixel strings here. I don't believe any more fusing to be necessary after the controller on my dumb strings.
Am I right that you have the common wire running straight from the PS to the board and the active wire running to the fuse block and then another wire from the fuse block to the board? If this is right, does this mean that you then run the lights straight from the board without the need for any more fuses?
this is correct. I am running common straight from PS to controller and +12V to the controller via fuse block.

dannyp

Full time elf
So when you say the grounds are tied together through the board and physically does this mean you have simply twisted all grounds together and then connected them to the Board?

Gray_magic

I have the common looped between power source to power source, then from the power source to the board and also power source to power injection loom. So I have 3 separate common grounds all running separately from each of the screw terminals on the power source to every part of the whole setup. Does that make sense? :-\

Gray_magic

No worries.. I actually got myself confused a little while I was planning the wiring but as I got to actually doing it I found it much easier. I am more of a hands on person and helps once I have all the pieces infront of me.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Guys

well I was at the wholesaler again today asking about larger enclosures.

Guess what he has some!!!!!

but limited stock only he has 6

the size is 180h x 220 w x 300L

if you mention my name and that your a member of this forum

he will sell them to you for $11 each.

the reason why so low is they were ment to come with the ip paperwork on them but they did not. so he can not advertise them as waterproof. but from my testing today they are.

so first in best dress and they are not shown online just so you know

http://www.mjselectricalsupplies.com.au/index.php?route=common/home

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG

mborg10

Michael Borg
Just bought all his stock of these boxes. $11 each that's 5 for $55.
I'd be happy to sell you one for $200 each otherwise they are all mine. Time to fill them with PSU's and controllers.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Sensational value, great find Ben.

I'm still looking into the ultimate large enclosure but international freight is an absolute killer.

firebug

Senior elf
It doesn't state in the description that they are waterproof. Maybe something from Clark Rubber would solve that...

dale82

Senior elf
For the money I would just go to an electrical warehouse and buy a weatherproof enclosure

Benslights

Dedicated elf
totally agree Dale. keep looking around there is some good deals to be made out there