1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Portico of Doom

Discussion in 'Halloween' started by OzAz, Sep 24, 2017.

1. OzAz

OzAz Full Time Elf Generous Elf

Thread for my Halloween show.

Current plan is to close off my portico with curtains. Black on the sides and white on the front.

Projector (basic projection mapping) onto white curtain with spiders, other ghouly things and warning messages.
    Inside portico, talking animated skeleton, large spider and web and a few other spooky things, UV floods, fog machine, etc. Second projector onto (open) front door projecting some ghouls and ghosts.

Concept is, children will have to enter portico to get their treats and talking skeleton will say scary things to them (insert evil laughter here) and they'll get spooked by ghouls at the front door.

Phase 1 completed 24/09/17
    Installed 3 curtain rods and put up curtains for testing. portico quite sealed off should look good with props and lighting.
    Attached is pic of portico, pic of portico with white curtain up (may have to weight bottom down so it doesn't blow about too much) and link to short video test of projector onto curtains. (kept test short so didn't spoil surprise for neighbours)

Attached Files:

Boof63 and djgra79 like this.
  2. djgra79

djgra79 Senior Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Nice work Oz, following with interest! I should start my own thread...

3. marmalade

marmalade cats & pixels

should scare off any potential door to door salespeople as well :) Great work!