Possible New Elf Help

Flash

Not a morning person, except on December 25th.
Hi all, have been researching Christmas lights now since Jan 2011 and although last year did my head in, I now have a beginner to basic intermediate understanding of most of the threads here and what I want to accomplish for a display in the future (cash strapped but Kerry Packer ideas).

I have one possible suggestion to help us New Elf's and those who may be unfamiliar with a post/subject! and that is to supply a link in the post to an example (the product and/or display incorporating the topic in question) of what is being discussed.

An example - TOPIC: Pixel strips and the p12r and LSP

After a google search for 'Pixel strips and the p12r and LSP' resulted in little or no information, then a google search for P12r & LSP resulted in a link to http://www.lightshowpro.com/hardware/2571-auschristmaslighting-using-pixels-j1sys-ecg-p12r-controller-guide.html which then resulted in a google search for 'J1Sys Ecg-P12R' which resulted in a link to http://www.j1sys.com/ecg-p12r/ which showed me a picture of what was being talked about in the thread which was? All of about five to ten minutes. Ooops what was that thread about?

Just a thought. Its like when I talk to the misses about computers she gets a blank look until I show her what I am doing.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Another option if your looking for a crash course in how everything is setup; is to look at the Display Locations map and see if any one is near by. Message them and they see if they'll give you a technical tour of their display. I know I am happy to do this.

Flash

Thanks guys. Yes I already down loaded 101 and read it. A very informative document. What I was suggesting was that a little assistance to the New Elf. Who for the first time in here has no idea of the 101 or that the chat is an option, Diver, I did last year with Bevo, Andrew cleared up my channel question problems. My post is only a suggestion to the technical masters to assist the newbe's. After almost two years I know you guys know what you are talking about, but sometimes just taking a step back to put the shoe on the other foot could make this forum so much better. Just my two cents.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi Flash,

Good to see you back again this year. If you want to see a P12R set up you are more than welcome to come over and have a look and a chat. I would be more than happy to fill in the blanks for you.

Flash

Thanks Andrew, the family will venture up again this year. This thread is not about specifics of P12R (by the way love the way you have moved on to RGB and strips this year tamborinechristmaslights.webs.com), the example was only an example. Not sure if I am explaining myself clearly? I was just saying, I have noticed that when you guys get in the heat of the moment (like me with a program and trying to tell the misses) it would be nice if the foot print you leave could be easily followed. It took me almost 2 years to decipher ACL, the acronyms etc. You have done a video search of Christmas Light Shows and you feel empowered to created the same as you have just seen... Just saying, imagine it is your first time on here, you know no one, you do not know what to do? Why not take a minute out of your time to reference your source.