Power Control PCB For ACL Mk3 Strobe Strings

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
OK, to the Aussies wanting boards, they are AUD $10 each + $10 postage via red bag.

You can pay into my PayPal account ( david@da-share.com ). Please use pay as a friend (or pay the fee) as I'm not making anything out of this as it is.

It will be pretty much break even by the time I pay for all the bits, have them made up and post them out.

I don't even have any strobe strings myself, but I'll have the satisfaction of knowing you guys can finally put them to use! :)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Dave is your board the only thing you need to drive the strobe strings?

Yes. The new board takes 5V from the power supply that would have normally powered them and a control signal to switch them on and off.

I'll do up a diagram later today.

deblen

Full time elf
Hi David

Payment sent for 4 boards plus postage, plus a little extra for your effort.

Thanks. Deblen. (Len)

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Expressing interest for a couple of strobe boards, if spares are available. :)

@algerdes There are a few ways to private message, either:
  • Within a thread, click on somebody's avatar or username to the left of their post to display a member card overlay, and within that click "Start a Conversation", or
  • Under the "Inbox" menu item at the top of the website click "Start a New Conversation" and type in the name of the person you want to message.
    Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.
Hope that helps. You could also navigate to a person's profile page and under the "Information" tab of their profile click "Start a Conversation".