Ppoe and the p2

Binkles

Full time elf
Ok, still waiting for an invoice, but that doesn't stop me reading....

I'm likely going to use both 5v and 12v. Thinking I can run 5v off one output, and 12 off the other.

1. Is that possible...

2. If I got one of these suckers
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Power-over-Ethernet-POE-48V-injector-/221091207410?pt=AU_Components&hash=item337a1018f2&_uhb=1#ht_646wt_689
[/size]
[/size]Can I use that to power the strings? If not why not... Actually no, if not what could I use.
[/size]
[/size]3. Is using ppoe any use?
[/size]
[/size]4. Would I be better off just running 12v for pixels and strips.
[/size]
[/size]5. What is the meaning of life....
[/size]
[/size]I feel the first 4 questions are the most important ones..

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
To answer the POE, These use PASSIVE POE, so that device you linked would not work but this would

The P2 circuitry is not designed to power the pixels through the unit unless its a very small string.

Binkles

Full time elf
So I'm still better off using a normal power supply, as to make full use of the number of pixels, I'm not going to be running a small string I'm guessing.

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
You cant run the power for the pixels through the P2's itself, on the output-side of the P2 you splice in the power from your PSU.

Ive attached the Quick start info and that should help you with the power set up.

Attachments

• ECG-P2 ECG-D2 Quick Notes.pdf
    650.2 KB · Views: 25

Binkles

Full time elf
Gulp, that read double Dutch to me....

When I get the board, some lights and juicing machines i think I'll try and organise a chat session to set it up.

Bet it's clear as day, just can't see it at the mo.