Pre-installed timing tracks

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Hello from the red white and blue. This is my first year trying out pixels and it has definitely been a challenge at times. I’ve put up some permanent lights under my soffits last month and their going strong. But I just realized that Christmas is only four months away. So I’ve started working on setting up xlights so it’s not a last minute rush to learn something while trying to build it. I’ve watched a couple of videos now that have shown pre-installed timing tracks for various songs in xlights. He went to a folder named “songs” in the program folder. But for some reason my program does not have that folder or files. Did I miss an addition that didn’t get installed? I know that I can make my own timing tracks but with so much to learn this would ease the learning curve a bit.

Thanks, Spencer

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Pre defined timing tracks for songs were removed a couple of years back. These days people mainly just share lyric tracks or whole sequences songs on the google drive.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Ok, I forget the video I watched but I thought it was made this year. Maybe he had an older version. I’ve used the qm plug in but it made a lot of marks that didn’t seem to fit in. (the first Noel by Nate king Cole). That’s ok, I’ll play with the settings or just do it myself.

Though I’ll have to look at google drive. How does that work. I think I saw a link for it on xlights.org. Is that right?