Preview of Falcon Pi Player User Interface

dpitts

Apprentice elf
We are getting very close to first version of the Falcon Pi Player. Here are a few videos of the user interface.

Improvements to be done before Academy.

1) Finish 6 Universe Pixelnet and 6 DMX universe add-on board firmware.
This board gives 6 Pixelnet and 6 MDX outputs while up to 80 universes of E131 is being output.
A total of 27000+ channels can be output.
This board will work also when FPP is configured to be an E131 to Pixelnet/DMX bridge

Future Improvements.

1) Show all entries in currently playing playlist.
2) Jump to a particular entry in a playlist.
3) Pause, Fast forward, Next entry buttons.

Please feel free to give feedback.

Creating sequence files for FPP
Making a Falcon Pi Player sequence file

Uploading Files
Falcon Pi Player File Upload

Creating playlists
Falcon Pi - Creating Playlists

Scheduling playlists
Falcon Pi - Scheduling

Configuring Universe Output
Falcon Pi Player - Universes

Status/Control
Falcon Pi Player - Status/Control

dpitts

Apprentice elf
battle79 said:
Very impressive, if only I could output my vixen 3 sequences to it, I might not need a show computer at all.

Cheers,
Rowan

The file format is very simple to make. I will post it for all to see soon. Vixen 3 guys could easily implement it.

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Right now you can bring HLS file into Xlights and convert directly to FPP file format. Joe said he would support a direct export to FPP. I just need to get him the details when we lock them down.

Habbosrus

Back again
I was looking at Xlights earlier today trying to work out if I could convert HLS files. I couldn't see an input for HLS files in the converter, only an output. It's good to know it will be supported. I will put a raspberry pi into the plans.

dpitts

Apprentice elf
You are right about import. HLS is not currently supported. I will add that to the things to fix in Xlights and get with Joe on direct export from HLS.

Habbosrus

Back again
Yes. This is software to run on the Raspberry Pi.
I placed an order for my new Raspberry Pi (with case) with element14 at 4.45pm yesterday afternoon and it arrived today!

battle79

Full time elf
correct, Their is an expansion board that you can buy to allow two pixelnet universes to be output. But very few people in Australia have gone down the pixelnet path. Most in Aus stick to E1.31 controllers. And for them a Pi is all you need.

Get your internet connection from a wifi dongle (the Pi doesn't have a clock, so needs this to run scheduler), and plug your E1.31 network into the Ethernet port and away you go.

Cheers,
Rowan

dannyp

Full time elf
I too have ordered a Pi today and this looks so easy to set up. So if I didnt have a wifi connection avialable, does this mean that I cant run the Pi as it wont know the time and hence the scheduler cant run? Or is there some other way of getting around this?