Problems with Ray Wu?

Speedie70

New elf
Anyone else getting the run around with orders?

I have had a $500+ order that Ray asked me to extend the processing time for so I (maybe?) stupidly agreed to..

Not overly happy with the long delay and not responding to messages.. :mad:

I know I am a complete noob here but if anyone else is experiencing the same should ACL still be recommending Ray?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Speedie,

Its the time of year that not only Ray but Ray's manufacturers are inundated with lots of orders.

Delays are common at this time of year, however, depending on how long you have been / are expected to be waiting, you may want to log in and speak live with Ray and let him know you are not pleased and maybe request money back.

Normally alot of ACL users will do the majority of orders early in the year, hence missing the rush, but occassionally when ordering later in the year, the delay has been substantial

Benslights

Dedicated elf
speedie I did 4 orders with ray over the year and they were all to me within a week. I never do custom items as I can make the changes here when needed.

my first order was in Feb.
second march
third June
fourth September

I recommend ray and will continue to. im even thinking about another order. but I will be asking him if the items are in stock right now for delivery right away if I do.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I recommend ray as well. I have done 4 orders this year and the first 2 were pretty quick. About 1 week. The third took 3 weeks. It was a custom order and I was ok with that. The 4th I did at the beginning of November. Late I know but had to wait for $. It was a $1500 order. It wasn't custom to start with and after 2 weeks it hadn't shipped, the I realized my pixel spacing was off and asked if he could change it from 100mm to 120mm. I sent that email thru as URGENT!!! And he responded within 5 minutes saying no problem, but when I ask how long it will be it normally takes 2 to 3 days and 2 emails before I get a response. He now tells me my pixels will ship next Friday. I hope they only take a few days to get here otherwise my show won't turn on on the 1st.

All in all I think Ray does a good job at communicating considering he is dealing with a niche market with relatively small orders and everyone wants everything at the same time. I can only imagine how much he would be under the pump in his Chinese factory, but I wish he's ship to me sooner.

dale82

Senior elf
I have also made several orders through Ray, and all have been delivered within a week, as Matt and Yagoona Lights have said, ordering this time of year is one of the busiest periods. I have even made custom orders and I still receive them within a week, mind you I wouldn't order this late either.

Habbosrus

Back again
Nothing but good reports here too. I placed 2 orders with Ray for my first year. Both took less than a week from order to receipt but I got in early before the rush. I have been in Purchasing for 20 years and have had dealings with Chinese vendors in the past. Ray is one of the best I have come across.

Karob

Let there be Light!
I placed my order late this year after not being able to make up my mind what I was doing, after making payment to Ray early September my order too was placed on a extension and received it approx 6 weeks after payment.

If you are having trouble getting answers via email contact him via trade manager or Skype, you have more of a chance to get hold of him and find out when your order is being sent. once the order was sent it did not take long to get here.

Best of luck

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
IMO we I have had some issues this year with Ray and I think we all run a very big risk relying on one supplier, maybe next year it may be time to look at a plan "B" supplier.

Competition can work to our benefit

Speedie70

New elf
Thanks for all the replies and I ordered a couple of things earlier in the year with no issue at all.

I know that it will be super busy this time of year but the problem I have now is that I did a live chat on Friday asking when my order would ship as the processing time was down to less than a day.

Ray (or the chat person) said it WOULD ship Saturday but could I please extend the shipping time by a day so my order didn't cancel.

I did reluctantly and of course my order hasn't shipped.

I get the busy time of year part but telling porky pies is a whole different story.

Perhaps you guys who have ordered lots of times from Ray's store get looked after but for after this I'll be looking elsewhere as I can live with a delay when a seller is busy but I can't live with BS...

Speedie70

New elf
BTW the stuff I ordered was not custom.. some strings of pixels, a couple of power supplies and some pigtails...

dale82

Senior elf
I really think that you may have looked at this the wrong way, everyone on here is just responding to how there orders have been with ray, the assumption that the ones that order big get looked after is wrong, I haven't ordered heaps but each and every time my order has arrived within a week. I hope that you receive your order soon but I do think that ray gets a lot of orders this time of year as people learn what they have forgotten.

Speedie70

New elf
Gotta love the roses!! :D

I'm more annoyed that I was told it would ship yesterday rather than the delay...

If its busy and it will take a few more days just say so..

mick8248

Full time elf
I ordered some pig tails yesterday site says they shipped out today, also some power supplies I ordered last week avrived Friday.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
We ordered a heap of RGB strip and Ray diddled me around somewhat. I would have preferred that he told me about the issues promptly but he seemed to go into hiding a few times, even after I paid. In the end we received the order in time, but it should have been here earlier.