Projector Suggestions

Kalinda

New elf
Hi Everyone, I’m new here and have a question about projectors. I’m wanting one to do Virtual Santa. I have a bit of light thrown onto the front of our house from an orange street light. Can anyone suggest a good projector that won’t break the bank that would be suitable for this? Would prefer one that could play the video straight from a USB drive. Is that even possible? Many thanks

OzAz

Senior elf
Generous elf
If you want a cheap one, the Excelvan P4 or for a bit more something like the Devanti might be OK - I don't have either, but David reckons the Excelvan +33 was OK (but I dont think that model is still available, the P4 might be the newer version?) and I have one physically similar to the Devanti which is OK.

Just be aware the lumens and resolution quoted on ebay cheap projectors is usually wrong. Rules of thumb - (1) divide lumens by 3; (2) double check the actual native resolution quoted.

Don't get anything quoted as "mini" they are all useless.

Kalinda

New elf
Thank you for your reply. I will check out both of those projectors. And thank you for the heads up about the possibility of the lumens being quoted incorrectly on the cheaper units. I'm wondering if I should just pay the bit extra and get a name brand?