Closed Purchase milky white 50mm x 3m acrylic tube

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Acrylic tube is fully paid for and production will start shortly.
For anyone's reference in the future. The current exchange rate isn't the exchange rate the banks offer.

Westpac current exchange rate is 74 cents but the official rate is 77.8 cents so nearly 4 cents difference. better exchange rates with paypal

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah I got 74c from cba with a $22 fee. PayPal was better but had a $60 fee. Lots of hidden fees that don't get accounted for.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Here are the photos of the tube ready to be shipped.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 31

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Looking Good, of course when they turn up it means more work….. :p i'm already looking for a calendar with 30hr days in it…

Cheers
Fing

mborg10

Michael Borg
The tubes are due to land in Sydney within the next week. Not sure on when they will be delivered due to easter but will keep you posted. When they arrive I will get prices and organize delivery payments and organize pick ups.

Of course the freight company UNDERestimated their costs but that won't change any of the costs to anyone who has participated already.

Getting excited now about making these arches.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Hoping to receive the tube this week. The timber box and tube weighs 240kg so I will have to unpack the box move it into the garage then repack it. Then I can look at shipping details.

mborg10

Michael Borg
The tube is set to be delivered on Thursday. Oh and of course they have slugged me with some added fees. Another $240 because I don't own a forklift to get the box of the back of the truck. Plus another $400 import duty. The fees all make sense but just wish they would have told me up front.

Life is so much simpler with air freight.

Habbosrus

Back again
Did you use a freight forwarder to import? If so, they should have provided those fees to you upfront. I deal with freight forwarders and import duty on a daily basis. The $240 is excessive too. They should only charge you waiting time, but again, they should have disclosed this upfront.
If you're interested in seeing if there is a way around it, let me know & I'll take a look at it for you. I hate seeing people (especially good blokes) getting taken for a ride.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I read the contract and it does state the price does not include machinery for unloading. The $240 is to for a lift truck. I used a freight forwarding company to makes things easy. Seems like would have been easier going to China and getting it myself.

I won't be home when they deliver as I start my new job tomorrow. 2 months break over.

Lessons learnt I suppose.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
The tube is set to be delivered on Thursday. Oh and of course they have slugged me with some added fees. Another $240 because I don't own a forklift to get the box of the back of the truck. Plus another $400 import duty. The fees all make sense but just wish they would have told me up front.

Life is so much simpler with air freight.

What % import duty was the tubes, for led lighting in Australia i normally pay 5% but wondering what the import duty on the tube is.

In the future the import duty shouldnt have to be payed for most items when the trade agreement starts with China to abolish this tax.