Purchased Sequence - how do you position it correctly on a mega tree

Russell7337

New elf
I am still a newbie at all this and have been doing a lot of research and playing around with xlights. I am building a mega tree and based on feedback in this forum I have changed the specs from a 360 degree 48 strip 50 pixel per strip with 2 inch spacing to a 180 degree 24 strip 150 pixels per strip with 1 inch spacing tree. This will allow me to build my own xlights sequences but I really also want to be able to play purchased antimated sequences. By animated sequences I mean like cartoon sequences with a music track (i.e. like a grinch or Charlie Brown sequence for example). My question is how do you position the purchased sequence on the tree in the correct place. For example assume a 360 degree tree with 48 strips. The starting pixel is the bottom left pixel which is the back of the tree. If the sequence is a 16 string sequence you would want the sequence to show on string 16 thru 32 in order to be front and center on the tree. How is this accomplished?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
It depends on the import. Superstar imports give you a way to do that. If it’s not superstar the.n create a submodel and import onto that

Russell7337

New elf
Ok. I am using xlights (should have mentioned that in original post). I have started to hear about sub models. I will do research and see what I can learn. Thanks!

Dreamin

Full time elf
You can just use the video file element and select the video. There are a few crop settings which might help. I'm assuming if it's a cartoon sequence that it's a video file?