Queensland King Light Display

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Rushed home last night (5/12/17) as I needed to move Santa and the reindeer to the roof to make room for the matrix.
The_Matrix_soundtrack_cover.jpg
No, not that matrix. This one

Luckily the previous owner had added a frame to the items, with a post. A couple of cable ties to tie it to the gutter supports, extend the post and its now on the roof.
Happy with how it went. A bit glitchy at the start (was uploading sequences when the show started) and also had an issue where it was flashing after the sequence upload and during the show. Identified that it was the network lead connected to the router in the house. Disconnected and ran flawlessly for the rest of the night.

Slight issue at the start of the night during start up. Heard a buzzing sound similar to a bug zapper. Trouble was I dont have a bug zapper. Saw smoke coming from one of my extension leads so pulled the plug on it. Turned out the lead had a slight nick in it (PSA time) so removed it straight away. I was considering cutting it up for a lead anyway - decision was made easier to cut it up.

Short video with the matrix and santa and the reindeer on the roof.

Another bonus - had some of the neighbors drop by. At least I can now say the show has been viewed by more then just my family and the toads.

I also dropped the tree brightness down a bit - I was worried that it was fading the neighbours across the roads curtains :D.

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
TIP (more a reminder for myself for next year)
I was hesitant to cut up the wires for my framed items and did a few before I found this. Grab an extender lead that fits the end of the wire, clip it in and cut the other end. You still have the original connector if you need to do something else with them (or sell them).
RC01-extension-cord-600x600.png