This will either be an answer to anyone with this same problem, Or a question for anyone that has come across this before. I ordered a bunch of these http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6154501363.html From ray, I also ordered this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6154501365.html If you can't be bothered looking, It is just the cheap 3 channel dmx controllers and the editor to set the address's I hooked them up (20 of them) 1 at a time and set the address individually on each one and in texta wrote the address on the back of the pcb so when I used them I knew straight away what channel each one was. After many hours of work, I then hard wired them into bundles of 4 and fit them into my north poles I built a few months ago. Then I started about testing them to check all was OK. This is where the problem started. it would appear that the address that I dial into the addressor is in another base system or something. I spent ages going through everything trying to work out what I did wrong, only to find that the following was true. Board address 11 is actually 37 Board address 14 is actually 46 Board address 17 is actually 55 Board address 20 is actually 64 Sooo if anyone has an answer for this, I am intrigued, otherwise, if anyone buys this same setup, beware.