Random pixel dead?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
@JacksonHo @DarkwinX - Look around for the proper 3M/Corning UY2 connectors. Those are the "original" ones that are used by the telcos, rather than some knockoffs.
That said, if you're going to go down the cheap path - check out eBay - you can get 1k for $99, or 100 for $15, so a fair bit cheaper than Jaycar.

I have used both and found that the originals keep longer - the cheaper ones the gel goes off faster when in storage. Not sure how that translates to real-world performance, however.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
@JacksonHo @DarkwinX - Look around for the proper 3M/Corning UY2 connectors. Those are the "original" ones that are used by the telcos, rather than some knockoffs.
That said, if you're going to go down the cheap path - check out eBay - you can get 1k for $99, or 100 for $15, so a fair bit cheaper than Jaycar.

I have used both and found that the originals keep longer - the cheaper ones the gel goes off faster when in storage. Not sure how that translates to real-world performance, however.

Thanks Sky - great info

Do you also have a link to some originals as well?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf

DarkwinX

Full time elf

EddieV

New elf
I've been doing the quick and nasty red crimped connectors but the failure rate means I'm going to start soldering the ones on the ground. The main issue I have is the roof so I am thinking of getting these from Jaycar. I have seen them used by Telstra and NBN people so they must hold up okay until I get all the props down at the end of the season and solder them.

I used these on my sprinkler system. Have not had one fail yet