Ray RGB Flood question

jediknight2

Full time elf
I got my second flood from ray and it is different than the last. The first one had just the wires. The one I just got has the DMX in and DMX out plugs on it.

Am I correct in assuming I can cut the heat shrink back and the wiring will be like the last one...

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Without seeing it I couldn't say 100% but does it have the same colour code sticker on it? The one showing DMX+ as blue (or whatever it is, I can't remember). Cut it back and have a look I reckon.

On a side note I am thinking about going around the inbuilt DMX controller as I can't seem to get the keep alive sorted on my ECG-D4. That way I can just treat each flood as a standard RGB light and hook it up to my AAH MEGA60..

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Yes, if you take the 4 screws off the back and pop the controller out the cables are clearly labeled

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
grungle25 said:
On a side note I am thinking about going around the inbuilt DMX controller as I can't seem to get the keep alive sorted on my ECG-D4. That way I can just treat each flood as a standard RGB light and hook it up to my AAH MEGA60..
These controllers can't be removed and controlled with a DC controller as they need constant current not constant voltage. I already tried that. Epic Fail.

David_AVD

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Community project designer
Generous elf
Here's how to wire one of these 10W RGB floods for P-DMX operation. The RJ45 end is T568B standard.

I removed the original 5 core cable (and crappy XLR3 plugs) and wired the CAT5 cable straight into the DMX module inside the flood's rear cover.

CAT5 Brown & Brown/White is 0V (module black wire)
CAT5 Blue & Blue/White is +12V (module red wire)
CAT5 Orange is DMX - (module blue)
CAT5 Orange/White is DMX + (module yellow wire)
CAT5 Green & Green/White wires are not connected
The DMX GND wire from the module is not connected

I have a couple of these running on 7m & 10m CAT5 cables from one of my P-DMX distributor boards.

pagrosse

New elf
So how do you program the channel? Do you need one of those in-line DMX channel selectors or are there dip switches?