Ray Wu Shipping

Xmas_Wanders

Outer Melb East, Vic
Hi all, didn't know where to put this at.
I had a shipping coming from Ray Wu but is this normally to be like this after 5 days?
Hasn't changed at all.
Any ideas?Screenshot_2018-11-25-13-09-12.png

scamper

Dedicated elf
At this time of year expect everything to be slower. I ordered a few things a while ago and it took the best part of a week for it to be even processed, then the shipping company takes it sweet time at every stage.
It still says it is in china, so hasn't even got on a plane yet.
nothing you can do about it except make like a boy scout and be prepared :thumbsup:

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Yes, it is common for tracking numbers to have an initial lull period for Ray orders. DHL doesn't have a lodgement location near his location. Ray uses a forwarder / middleman to get the parcel from him in Shenzhen, China to DHL in Hong Kong (HK will likely display as the 'origin' of your parcel once tracking information begins updating.)

darylc

404 darylc not found
After 5 days I would ask him if the tracking number is correct, sometimes it isn't.

Xmas_Wanders

Outer Melb East, Vic
Yeah Daryl, that's what I thought to be too.
Thanks Scamper, Ryan and Daryl for info.

I have got an updated and it's in Singapore atm.
So must came from China/Hong Kong to Singapore secretly.
You thought DHL would've wake up to notice so many parcels coming from this location and setup small DHL Depot for him.
Or at least a local company thats deal with DHL.
I'm glad it's closer now. Just one long flight away to Melb.

Thanks again fellas :)

videoman3857

Full time elf
After 5 days I would ask him if the tracking number is correct, sometimes it isn't.
Lots of luck getting him to reply at the moment.
I made an inquiry back in mid October and still no reply. I am guessing he is run off his feet.
No biggy for me - it was about next years stuff - but I still need a reply.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Lots of luck getting him to reply at the moment.
I made an inquiry back in mid October and still no reply. I am guessing he is run off his feet.
No biggy for me - it was about next years stuff - but I still need a reply.
I wouldn't wait any more than 1.5 to 2 weeks for a response, regardless of when you need the items.
He told me it would be 12 days from payment to postage for my smallish order this year. After 10 days I emailed him and he gave me a tracking number that night.
So long as you're polite and not rude/pushy, I think it's totally fine to send reminders, even if you need to do so multiple times.

videoman3857

Full time elf
I sent Ray 3 emails
I wouldn't wait any more than 1.5 to 2 weeks for a response, regardless of when you need the items.
He told me it would be 12 days from payment to postage for my smallish order this year. After 10 days I emailed him and he gave me a tracking number that night.
So long as you're polite and not rude/pushy, I think it's totally fine to send reminders, even if you need to do so multiple times.

I sent three emails - including the first. Like I said. No biggy for me cause its mainly next years stuff and I have found a work around for now.

tooms

12v4life
I ordered stuff in September and after a week the tracking still showed it was in China somewhere .. item rolled up at my door the next day and the tracking had still not updated