1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Red / Green Star Lasers

Discussion in 'Lights - Store Bought and Home Made' started by David_AVD, Jan 11, 2017.

1. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    I thought I'd share my experience with you about the red / green star lasers I received in the mail today from an eBay supplier. I paid around $34 delivered each for them, but that was with a 10% discount the seller had at the time. Link to the actual listing I used is here (won't be there forever so take note of the details).

It comes with an IR remote (to select a few modes and a timer function) as well as a ground spike. The cable is fixed into the back of the (weatherproof) laser housing and is a reasonable 3 metres in length. The included power supply (3V, not 12V as in the listing) has a nice locking 2-pin connector for the laser lead to plug into.

First off, the red output is noticeably less bright than the green and covers a little less area as well. That said, it's still quite reasonable. Note that this is a static pattern (dots) unit. but does have some blinking functions.

The laser housing is about half the size of most others I've seen out there, but is metal with a glass front and aluminium ground spike. I've seen others that are cheaper but reviews have said they are unreliable and poorly made.

I tried pointing it at my house and I reckon you'd cover the average home (1 or 2 story) with only 2 units. Pointing it onto various trees from underneath also gave quite good results.

So, I'm very happy with these lasers and although I haven't run them for a long period yet, they seem well made.

Attached Files:

2. richardd

richardd Full Time Elf

We had a number of these type of units used in town. BTW we also had a number of them stolen in town, second on the list were people solar strings stolen.

3. buzzdude

buzzdude Full Time Elf

They look similar to ones being sold on the shopping shows on TV. The way it was shown on TV I thought that whilst only one was in shot, the light output was maybe more than one. I then saw these in action from a couple of campers when I was holidaying in Cairns. I was actually surprised on the spread and intensity of the output. Great option for people.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

4. dennismc

dennismc New Elf