Replacement motors

dannyp

Full time elf
I have 4 reindeer and a Santa on a see saw which have all stopped moving over the years. The rope lights now have all virtually blown out as well is it is time to refurbish everything. I was simply going to run new rope light, but haven't done this before, so am after any suggestions from people that have done this before. Also does anyone know if you can get replacement motors for the moving heads etc? I'm really not sure what type of motors I currently have but I think they are 240v as the rope lights are 240v and the motors simply connect to the lights if you know what I mean.

Cheers

JPB

Full time elf
I have used a microwave turntable motor in the past. Worked well.

I got mine from WES Componants / Wagner at Ashfield. If you look on their website you can find one with rotation speed and shaft length to suit.

Jon

dannyp

Full time elf
Thanks Jon, what about waterproofing the motor? I presume that you did this somehow?

JPB

Full time elf
I used a jiffy box from Jaycar or similar and mounted it so the shaft and wire existed through lid and then the whole box was attached to the frame with the lid facing down. Not IP68 but definitely rain proof.

Jon