Retiring from the Holiday Lighting Community

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
The recent deaths of 2 family members have caused Barb and I to reevaluate our priorities. As a result of that reevaluation we have decided to spend our full time enjoying each other, our children, grandchildren and all other family members. With that decision I will not be spending any time creating a show, spending time on the forums, or maintaining any relationship with LSP.
With that decision I have asked Dean to turn over my duties to some other qualified individual as I will not have the time necessary to devote to helping maintain and grow LSP.
Over the years we have truly enjoyed putting smiles on our visitor’s faces in various locations as we moved from place to place. I would like to thank all the users who have shared their expertise with me over the years. It was because of your help that we have been able to produce wonderful displays to be shared with our local communities over all the years.
Thanks again for all your help and have a wonderful year producing all your various holiday shows remembering they are just lights so don’t forget to spend all the time you can with your loved ones as they are really the “lights” in your lives.

Respectfully
Mike and Barb Mulvenna

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Sorry to hear your sad news. All the best for the future and thank you for all your help and hard work with LSP.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Sad news you have been a great contributor to this community over the years we, along with those smiling faces that visted you each year, can only hope that at some time in the future you can light up again.

All the best whatever happens

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
It is true that you should decorate because you like doing it. A few years ago I simply couldn't be bothered so I took a year off. Once your display feels like an obligation it's time to take a step back and rethink your priorities.

If you don't have the time (or health, money or interest) to put up a display, there's no shame in that. Enjoy the other aspects of Christmas and visit other people's display if you like. :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
Mike and Barb, it sounds like your making the right call. Family is everything and if your to busy to enjoy them. Well it's time for a change.
Enjoy every minute, give plenty of hugs.
Best of luck

dale82

Senior elf
I wish you the very best Mike & Barb, And a very big thank you mike for all your help with LSP and putting a smile on the faces of my loved ones! Your going to be truly missed by all the lighting community. Life is way too short, go and enjoy your family.

Cheers
Dale

Skunberg

Full time elf
Your right!!! Family first! That doesn't mean you can't have a display of some kind for them. That doesn't mean you can't take a year or two off. That doesn't mean you can't involve your family more, lots more in the display. Maybe make it a family project rather than your hobby. That said I want to thank you for your help over the years and wish you all the best!

Brian

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
Skunberg said:
Your right!!! Family first! That doesn't mean you can't have a display of some kind for them. That doesn't mean you can't take a year or two off. That doesn't mean you can't involve your family more, lots more in the display. Maybe make it a family project rather than your hobby. That said I want to thank you for your help over the years and wish you all the best!

Brian

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately our children and grand children are far too spread out across the country to accomplish any of that and that is why we will be traveling to see them much more often than we already do.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im very sad to hear of both your losses and your decision to leave the community and LSP. You have worked tirelessly over the years to assist people to get the most from LSP and have been a valuable member of this community. You will be sadly missed, but I also understand how priorities can change, especially after losing family members. So i wish you and Barb the best for the future.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I wish you all the best, family always takes priority.

The time we spend with each other is the time that will be remembered.