RGB Coro Presents

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
An addition to this years stuff. 3 channel Coro presents. Best part is they were very cheap to make. each only required w strips of coro folded in to "U" shape then assempled into a box. Hot glue the two together (except the bottom). (example for a 12 X 12 box 2 strips of coro 12 X 36). here is a link to a short test using the controllers default color sequence. All that was required is Coro, RGB modules and a 3 channel controller, & power supply. I have set each to be self contained.
link:
[font=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDI7EP-RHU&feature=plcp[/font]
[font=]a couple of still shots with lights on:[/font]

Attachments

• RGB-Coro-Present-Large-and-.jpg
    RGB-Coro-Present-Large-and-.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 169
  • RGB-Coro-Present-Med-Close-.jpg
    RGB-Coro-Present-Med-Close-.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 146
  • RGB-Coro-Present-wide-shot-.jpg
    RGB-Coro-Present-wide-shot-.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 137

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have built a couple of these for the bottom of my tree but had come to a halt as i was planning on using digital strip for the ribbon, but a new project has now taken precedance and i now dont have any digital strip to use with them for the ribbon.
But after seeing your creation I now know the presents will look awsome with some nice realistic ribbon wrapped around like you have shown.
Great work and thanks for sharing and possibly giving new life to a project i had stalled on.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Are the ribs of the coro going across the small side of each piece use to make the U shapes?

I was guessing you get a nice corner by removing one side (inside corner) of a rib at each bend?

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
Are the ribs of the coro going across the small side of each piece use to make the U shapes?
Yes the the ribs are on the short side of the "U".

I was guessing you get a nice corner by removing one side (inside corner) of a rib at each bend?
Using a coro claw cut 1/2 of the coro along the rib on the outside of the bend.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
I'm sure a fair few people have created these since this thread which I've just bumped from 2 years ago so I've got a question to throw to you. How do you fix these to the ground and is hot melt or silicon the adhesive of choice for the edges. I start building a few of these tomorrow so I'll be hanging out for some replies.

jerrymac

Apprentice elf
I don't need to secure mine down. Try a coat hanger folded like a big "U" upside down with the bridge over the present and the leg's going down into the ground.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
I got my 5 coro presents finished off (pretty much) tonight. I ended up threading some mig wire through the ribs that are down the centre lines of the sides and they have loops on the end that will be used to peg the prezzies down. The wire is a large U loop that goes over the entire present and as it's 0.6mm wire is can't be seen under the ribbons.