RGB outputting incorrectly outputting

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I have 2 AVD DC48 boards in series that have RGB silicone strip attached to it as well as 5050's. They are both set up as RGB boards in LSP and are set up in their own universe. The problem is the 1st board correctly outputs the RGB colours as set out in LSP, however the 2nd board does not .

The outputs set in LSP are

Red - I get green on the display
Green - I get Blue on the display
Blue - I get red on the display

These boards were tested using the DA 1.31 software are outputted the correct colours but when they are put in series for some reason I get these strange colours. It appears that LSP creates the 2nd board as something different. Any suggestions as to how to fix it

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Seems like the channels are rotated by one position. It's not a case the start address of the second board being off by one?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That's what I was thinking too. Instead of 1-48 and 49-96 the 2nd is 1 up or 1 down.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
NO dont believe it is as it is occurring on 2 universes that are set up in the same manner and it occurred last year with the T48's and the liklihood of it happening that many times I would suggest is slim and if it did the da 1.31 would have given me the incorrect output as well

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
OK you need to try this first to see if its the start channel offset by or not

use the hardware app in LSP and then turn on the red of channel 1 and you should see red come on, do this also for the green channel and the blue, if you don't get the 3 colours in their correct place or channel 1 doesn't turn on and you then have to use channel 4 (next RGB grouped channels) to get the last colour in that strip to work then its a start address issue.

If the strip is RBG or some other arrangement but coincides with the 3 grouped RGB channels but in the correct order there are 2 ways to change this in LSP

Method 1 which will not cover every scenario but most. Go to the properties of your controller in LSP and then hit "reset Defaults" this will then give you a screen where you can change the start address and the RGB order, select the arrangement that suits and ensure your start address is correct.

If the premade arrangements do not work then you will have to manually change the arrangement which shouldn't be too big of an issue with 16 RGB channels. Double click on the actual channel and the properties of that channel will appear, you will see the channel number for the red, green and blue, you can then change the numbers to what you want so just change the channel numbers for each RGB group for the DC board to suit the correct arrangement.

This method is also great for relocating channels to other controllers so if you had a sequence all done and you had to move an output to a different controller all you have to do is change that channel RGB group to be the appropriate channel number, it still will appear in that controller but it will now actually be controlled by the different controller that the channels were set for but will maintain the correct colour and effects that were done for that element. This is part of the reason i do not normally setup controllers in LSP but instead set up as elements as LSP allows a lot of flexability.
In fact i connected everything up first and then turned on the individual channels to see what turned on, then i allocated the correct channel to that element in the sequence and the correct RGB arrangement.