RGB pixels from Ray and the LOR cosmic color pixel controller

Erick

New elf
Any advice would be appreciated. Looking to get some RGB pixels from Ray and use them with my LOR CB100D DMX controller for the cosmic color bulbs, but LOR says that bulbs from anyone else won't work with their controller. Anyone have any useful knowledge to this fact?

harrison0550

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL. Last I heard the LOR pixel controllers for the CCR and CCB's only work with 6803 pixel chips. There are better and cheaper pixels out there now. If your looking for plug and play LOR is 100% the way to go but if your looking for DIY I would recommend looking into the J1sys and Sandevices boards paired with 2811 pixels. There is a wealth of knowledge in the lighting 101 manual in the forums I would recommend downloading. Most everything can be found here: http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/board,51.0.html

Welcome_%281%29.gif

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Going from the CB100D data sheet, it appears that they are not using 6803 type pixels. (says "16 million colours")

Someone with some of their pixels would need to carefully cut one apart to see what the chip is.