RITA 27 Channel DC controllers?

kane

Dedicated elf
Hey All

Given there is a chance that the Tiger range may not become available, what are the opinions on the RITA non-RGB controllers. I notice the wiki has been updated to include these.

The main difference seems to be the lower current rating per channel (1A versus 2.5A), but if you're only needing to control less than this, is there any problems with the RITA offering?

Cheers

Kane

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The 27 channel controller from Ray is a great substitute if your load will be under 1 amp per channel. This will be good enough to run 5 metres of 12vdc RGB 30led/metre strip per RGB channel

But be aware that the specs for this controller are DC 7V- 24V max 15A so that means that this may not work with 5vdc applications like standard non digital RGB strings. It also means that people using normal strings that are over 24vdc may also have issues using this controller

The other alternative is that there is a member here who is working on a project right now which is a 48 channel DC controller, Ill leave it to him to provide information on this project when he is ready to do so.

So stay tuned.

kane

Dedicated elf
fasteddy said:
But be aware that the specs for this controller are DC 7V- 24V max 15A so that means that this may not work with 5vdc applications like standard non digital RGB strings. It also means that people using normal strings that are over 24vdc may also have issues using this controller

Yeah, I need some controllers to control a bunch of LED strings that I ordered as 27V (basically because I'd ordered my power supplies at 27V, as I was originally just going to use a heap of BigW strings and everyone had said that they run best at 27V)..

I asked Ray if he had a version that supported 27V, and he seemed to think it would cope. So I'm going to get one to test out to see if it handles it okay..

fasteddy said:
The other alternative is that there is a member here who is working on a project right now which is a 48 channel DC controller, Ill leave it to him to provide information on this project when he is ready to do so.

I'll look forward to hearing about this one. Great to have some options!