3 extra reindeer
1 more starburst
North pole

Not that much right?!?!

Cheers,
Nik

Roosta

Full time elf
Got my xlights layout rebuilt last night and did some final testing to get it spot on.. Had the usual backwards start points but overall now all fixed including the projector... however i did just notice that the mega tree star needs rejigging damn it!

Anyways all going good now! Just got to tweak some sequences..

(Note i have had to take the starbursts down due to stormy weather but they will be back up once the weather gets better..

Cheers

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Hey roosta well done my man looks great !
But have too comment on a way previous comment on the lounge room being a blinkin mess !
I too can totally relate too! Most of my year lounge was trashed full of Reindeers etc etc and basically as soon as that gear is out of the room then all the decorations and Christmas tree is out and decorated . So am really looking forward too being able to see my tv screen totally ,
Maybe next year lol

Roosta

Full time elf
Well I finally got my video of last years (2017) show together:

Timeline / Track
0:00 - 0:15 / Intro
0:16 - 3:52 / Frozen (Thanks to djgra)
3:53 - 4:27 / Justin Bieber - Santa Claus is coming to town
4:28 - 5:09 / Phineas & Ferb - Run Run Rudolph
5:10 - 5:38 / Jessica Simpson - Let It Snow
5:39 - 6:15 / PTX - Carol of the Bells
6:16 - 10:01 / Jason Derulo - Can You Feel The Love Disnay Tribute (My personal fave)
10:02 - 10:32 / Chris Brown - This Christmas
10:33 - 10:58 / Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
10:59 - 11:31 - PTX - Sleigh Ride
11:32 - 12:05 - ACDC - Thunderstruck (Thanks to cdjazman)
12:06 - 15:48 - Star Wars Funk (Thanks to LoganC)
15:49 - 16:05 - Santa Goodbye

I also did a timelapse video of the people coming to watch the show on Christmas Eve..

Any ways I hope you guys enjoy! Thanks for the support during 2017 and good luck to you all for 2018!!!

Last edited:

burnt

Full time elf
wow what a show.. would have loved to see it lived.. the fireworks look great.. worth every $

LOVED IT great work Nik

PS.. a bit short on AC/DC only 33 sec... need to fix timestamp in post from 10.32 to 11.32

Stirlo

New elf
Love the roof matrix, I would like to do something similar. How are the brackets and pixels holding up would you make any changes to your design in hindsight?
I'm not sure I like the idea of lifting each tile to slot bracket under did you have any issues?

Roosta

Full time elf
Love the roof matrix, I would like to do something similar. How are the brackets and pixels holding up would you make any changes to your design in hindsight?
I'm not sure I like the idea of lifting each tile to slot bracket under did you have any issues?

Hey mate,

Its been permanently on my roof since november 2017 and still works well.. The pixels cases have gone a bit brown and brittle, but yeah decided it was likely to be less damaging to leave them up all year..

I tried to think of all sorts of other ways to put them up evenly but yeah it was the simplest and cheapest method.. i move my tiles all the time so was no problem for me at all..

Cheers,
Nik

Mattlloyd84

New elf
Hey,
Love the roof matrix, and I have done it in my display this year but I’m having trouble. How do you create it in xlights

witters

New elf
Yes would love to know how to set up in xLights. As the matrix isn't 'square' i get distortion of text and images.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I would love to know what you used for the center of the firework / starbursts. I've got one and have used one of those Bumble Ball child toys retrofitted to hold electrical glands which are used to tighten down on bamboo garden stakes. I'm wanting to make more however at $60 + 50 shipping from the USA, it's not viable with my old method.