Santa Sleigh

MarcD

Full time elf
I should add that taking that last picture pretty much confirmed my suspicions about the viscosity of silicone. ::)

firebug said:
Such a huge effort. And looks like Santa gets all the perks... :D

firebug

Senior elf
MarcD said:
I should add that taking that last picture pretty much confirmed my suspicions about the viscosity of silicone. ::)

spit.gif

mborg10

Michael Borg
I'm going to incorporate something similar in my 2014 show. We are building a thrown for Santa to sit on. The throne will incorporate a sign for show times a bubble machine and some lights. Most importantly a seat for Santa cause 2013 his gout was flaring up haha. First Santa with thongs. Thanks for the inspiration.

MarcD

Full time elf
One word of advice would be to make sure the throne is very wide and very strong. You will get lots of family groups wanting to have photos with Santa (or even just on his throne). Multiple kids as well as parents. If not, ensure there is clear space either side so there's room for the grownups to stand beside it. We had one group of four adults and three children all climb in for a photo. The sleigh is 1200mm wide, so they fitted, but it was a squeeze. Also be careful of lighting. Next year, I'm considering installing something like this so photo's work better. Last year, due to the brightness of the buttons in the dashboard, there are now countless photos of 'green children' all over the internet. If I was around when they were taking shots, I'd tell them to wait and turn off all but the few white LED's.

Christmas @ the Myrtle (Damicka10) said:
I'm going to incorporate something similar in my 2014 show. We are building a thrown for Santa to sit on. The throne will incorporate a sign for show times a bubble machine and some lights. Most importantly a seat for Santa cause 2013 his gout was flaring up haha. First Santa with thongs. Thanks for the inspiration.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Marc, you need a remote control to override the lights for photos. :D

Maybe some general illumination from a white LED strip would help? You'd probably want to put that strip on a small DC dimmer (< $10 from ray Wu) lest you blind everyone seated.