Scheduler Won’t output to Multicast 1.e31 to DMX bridge

Knosys

New elf
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
3
Hi Guys,
I have got a bridge working fine from xlights perfectly and outputs fine. When I include the sequence in the scheduler the bridge stops transmitting DMX signal. All other Unicast devices work but the bridge does not in the scheduler. Any ideas what the difference is between xlights and the scheduler ? Thanks John
 

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
609
Location
Kellyville, NSW
I would go into xlights and use the force up option to set the up address of the local adapter you want the multicast data to go out.
 

Knosys

New elf
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
3
Yes I’ve done that the laptop Nic is set to 192.168.0.11. WiFi is turned off and no other network adaptor.

I have 2 Unicast Coro controllers (tree and arches) and the one 1.e31 to DMX bridge multicast driving dumb RGB DMX boards for my faces display.

Works perfectly from xlights (with output lights enabled) but when put in scheduler only the tree and arches work. No DMX output from the bridge. Go figure hey.
 

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Joined
Aug 6, 2017
Messages
71
Location
Denmark
Mine did that when I added some new props and a new controller this year, in the end i copied all my show files to another directory including the RGB-networks file and then set that as the show file in the scheduler. Then it all worked fine.
 

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
3,446
Location
Eaglehawk
I don't know if it will work or not but if you point a unicast IP address to the universes multicast address it might work. So for universe 1 it would be 239.255.0.1, 2 is 239.255.0.2 etc.
 

Knosys

New elf
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
3
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It’s now working but to be honest not sure why. Hate when that happens but I did do all the suggestions, force IP address, disable WiFi adaptors, etc etc. Still did not output DMX via the bridge. I deleted the old scheduler file and created a new file and all started to work. Go figure
 
Top