Scheduler Won’t output to Multicast 1.e31 to DMX bridge

Knosys

New elf
Hi Guys,
I have got a bridge working fine from xlights perfectly and outputs fine. When I include the sequence in the scheduler the bridge stops transmitting DMX signal. All other Unicast devices work but the bridge does not in the scheduler. Any ideas what the difference is between xlights and the scheduler ? Thanks John

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I would go into xlights and use the force up option to set the up address of the local adapter you want the multicast data to go out.

Knosys

New elf
Yes I’ve done that the laptop Nic is set to 192.168.0.11. WiFi is turned off and no other network adaptor.

I have 2 Unicast Coro controllers (tree and arches) and the one 1.e31 to DMX bridge multicast driving dumb RGB DMX boards for my faces display.

Works perfectly from xlights (with output lights enabled) but when put in scheduler only the tree and arches work. No DMX output from the bridge. Go figure hey.

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Mine did that when I added some new props and a new controller this year, in the end i copied all my show files to another directory including the RGB-networks file and then set that as the show file in the scheduler. Then it all worked fine.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't know if it will work or not but if you point a unicast IP address to the universes multicast address it might work. So for universe 1 it would be 239.255.0.1, 2 is 239.255.0.2 etc.

Knosys

New elf
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It’s now working but to be honest not sure why. Hate when that happens but I did do all the suggestions, force IP address, disable WiFi adaptors, etc etc. Still did not output DMX via the bridge. I deleted the old scheduler file and created a new file and all started to work. Go figure