Separate Power Outlets LOR 240v


I am self diagnosed with CLAP
Jan 7, 2016
Fasteddy said:
BoonDogs said:
Fasteddy said:
BoonDogs said:
Fasteddy said:
BoonDogs said:
I found the name of them today. They're called 15/20 amp duplex receptacles in the US, I am yet to find an AU version. They support the ability to share a common neutral + earth and have separate line inputs
Its not a good thing in the electrical world to share the neutral and have a separate line feed as this can be dangerous because if you isolate one circuit and there is power going through the other circuit then the neutral for that isolated circuit is still alive and can cause electrocution due to being fed from the still active circuit and causing a crossed over circuit
Be careful with what you do when dealing with 240volts because you do need to be a licensed electrician to work on this and if you cause a fire or electrocution from doing your own work then you will be in serious trouble.
These would be purely for the 240vac controllers, if I wanted to isolate, it's as simple as unplugging the controller
There are some dual gang power points that can allow you to do the same thing you are wanting to do by just removing the bridging wire between the 2 outlets
I've never seen these before, do you know where I could find them?
Its been a while since ive done any installation work, but know they did exists, I cant remember which brand they were. Maybe try your local electrical wholesaler
I'll get into contact with them and see what I can find. Thanks for your help!