Sequence issue

vk3heg

Full time elf
Hi Guys,
(Mods please move if in the wrong area).

I have an Advatek Pixlite 16Mk2. Using an imported sequence of "Let it go" done by John Spiker. (I have this same problem with other sequences)
Using the test button on the Pixlikte, all leds go through the colour ranges, so the Pixlite is controlling them, but when using a sequence some of them are not lighting up.
The sequence plays great and all leds light etc when shown in the house preview. Yet in real life things are not the same.
For example the area's that are red in the second picture are not lit up, yet they are following the sequence data in the house preview and are lit up.

(Not shown carport roof/right side, matrix on the left of the tree and doesn't lite up at all)

Can anyone spot anything? I have also tried going direct to the Pixlite from Xlights with the same result.

First Pic: test button test on the controller.
Second Pic: show how some are not lit up (But they are red for this example) yet the whole porch leds should be blue.
Third Pic: Port config on the pixlite
Fourth Pic: Visual layout of my lights.
Fifth Pic: Controller config for this test, but normally go via FPP.
Sixth Pic: FPP Output config

Preview video.

Sequence:

PXL_20201118_094823766.jpgPXL_20201120_114555574.jpgports.jpgvisual.jpgcontroller.jpgoutput-fpp.jpg

Last edited:

badger4543

Full time elf
Hey mate, sorry im still learning myself but I had alot of troubles with my set up and the starting channels even though they were all correctly laid out in the visualiser tab, maybe grab a screen shot of your layout tab, also maybe run a "check sequence test" in xlights.

badger4543

Full time elf
Also 900 pixels from one port seems like alot.. not sure what the actual capabilities are of the pixlite but when setting up my setup I was told that 400 was tried and tested as the maxx, but again im just no expert

vk3heg

Full time elf
The layout tab as requested, had to do two screen grabs. Also the check sequence result.
The PixLite, can do 1020 pixels per port. The tree works fantastic, it's just other elements that are failing to work.

layout1.jpglayout2.jpg

Attachments

• test-setup.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 6

badger4543

Full time elf
In visualiser you have "star" starting on Port 4 in layout you have it starting from end of the mega tree,

Attachments

• 20201122_162402.jpg
    20201122_162402.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 6

badger4543

Full time elf
In visualiser you have "star" starting on Port 4 in layout you have it starting from end of the mega tree,

Same with porch left and even mega tree, id manually enter the starting positions via the layout tab and make sure each prop is on the right port in the layout tab, I can't remember exactly how to as I'm not infront of the computer, but in the layout tab select the item at the start of each Port and there's a box you click and you should be able to select your controller and starting universe or something along those lines. Also make sure the port is correct or type it in if its wrong or not there

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
I had lots of issues with my advateks this year and xlights thinking it new best to configure them in managed mode.

If you use the visualiser on an advatek controller it does not map the correct universe / channel combo to the controller - I have no idea why. it shows you visually its on the correct port but its never mapped to the correct universe and has different channel numbers when you check on it in the layout page

My only way to get around this issue was to manually setup an e131 for each physical output with 3 universes mapped to each one ( starting at channel 1 for sanity sake - I know there is huge gaps but it works perfectly )

I then mapped each prop to the correct e131 controller knowing xlights couldnt then mess with it and try and remap it. The visualiser works perfectly with the falcons but its very broken with advateks in managed mode - I know this isnt the most efficient use of universes / channels but I wanted to leave large gaps incase I needed to move things

setup.PNGCapture.PNG

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
From my inexperienced observation it appears that the guys need to set their channels relative to the universe numbers to get things to work with the Adveteks but in Adveteks documentation they clearly show absolute channel numbers being used. Is there a check box or setting in the Advetek Web Assistant to accept absolute channel numbers?

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
The problem started with 2020 versions.
If you still use the old way of universe and channels and assigning absolute or next channel it all works fine.
Universe and channels in Advetek and match channels with xLights all is good.
And I do not miss a port and assign the unused ports a number of channels.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Better to package up a sequence tomorrow for Uncle Keith to check out before he gets cranky that you've gone a whole year putting up with this issue.

vk3heg

Full time elf
Same with porch left and even mega tree, id manually enter the starting positions via the layout tab and make sure each prop is on the right port in the layout tab, I can't remember exactly how to as I'm not infront of the computer, but in the layout tab select the item at the start of each Port and there's a box you click and you should be able to select your controller and starting universe or something along those lines. Also make sure the port is correct or type it in if its wrong or not there

My understanding was that the models have to have sequential channel numbers, but it didn't matter what port they are on?