Sequencing pixel plane with HLS

Madko

Full time elf
Hey all

I'm trying to make a sequence within a HLS pixel plane. What I'm trying to control is one 5 meter strip of 2811. 1 IC for 3 pixels for one large arch. I have set up my group which consists of 450 pixel channels (3 channels per pixel RGB) so now when I'm creating my sequence with the group do I need to turn on each red of each pixel at the same time within the first IC segment? As there is 1 IC for 3 pixels therefore the first 3 pixels will all come on together and can't be individually turned on in this section.
Hope this makes sense and hopefully I'm going down the right path. The HLS tutorial videos I have watched don't talk about this.
I would connect everything up and just test it but I don't have the order yet and I'm playing around with the software.
Cheers

CDN_Diesel

New elf
I am just getting into Pixels, so i will not be of much help at this time. The best person, aside from Joe, to ask is Angus40. He has a ton of experience with HLS and pixel planes and segments. Shoot him a PM.

angus40

Senior elf
Madko said:
Hey all

I'm trying to make a sequence within a HLS pixel plane. What I'm trying to control is one 5 meter strip of 2811. 1 IC for 3 pixels for one large arch. I have set up my group which consists of 450 pixel channels (3 channels per pixel RGB) so now when I'm creating my sequence with the group do I need to turn on each red of each pixel at the same time within the first IC segment? As there is 1 IC for 3 pixels therefore the first 3 pixels will all come on together and can't be individually turned on in this section.
Hope this makes sense and hopefully I'm going down the right path. The HLS tutorial videos I have watched don't talk about this.
I would connect everything up and just test it but I don't have the order yet and I'm playing around with the software.
Cheers
This sounds like your confusing leds with pixels .
1 ic controls 3 leds . each group of 3 leds make 1 pixel .
if your using segments for your arch you define each segments # of pixels and create the work group for your arch segments .

Once that is done you can create your effects as you see fit in the editor.
Your 5 meter strip is 10 ic's per meter ? If so that would be 50 pixels or 50 rgb channelsfor the entire strip in hls's manage raw channels .

hope this helps

Madko

Full time elf
Yes the 5 meter strip I'm being sent from Ray is the 2811, 10 IC per meter, 30 pixels per meter.
Excuse my lack of knowledge but wouldn't it be 150 channels per 5 meter strip, one channel for each colour?
Or, does the chip do all the colour control? Meaning what colour you choose in HLS is the data that is sent to the chip and that turns on that channel and the required colour?

G

GoofyGuy

Madko said:
Yes the 5 meter strip I'm being sent from Ray is the 2811, 10 IC per meter, 30 pixels per meter.
Excuse my lack of knowledge but wouldn't it be 150 channels per 5 meter strip, one channel for each colour?
Or, does the chip do all the colour control? Meaning what colour you choose in HLS is the data that is sent to the chip and that turns on that channel and the required colour?

Sounds like its 10 IC's per meter, 30 LED's per meters. So its 10 pixels of 3 leds per meter making the strip 50 pixels total, but 150 leds.

angus40

Senior elf
Madko said:

Please read the Guide on this page >>>
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1889.0.html

This will be a huge eye opener . I have read this many times .
Also David Moore has some great videos that will help you as much as they educated me . http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,759.0.html

Your at the best site for learning this hobby .

Cheers