Simple tune-to

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
For 2020 I want to do at least 1 project per month so I'm not running impossibly late as usual.

So for this month I had planned to just take down the show pack it up and stow it away but I have changed my mind and started drawing up a small matrix to put under an arch on my street boundary. This will be used as a tune to sign and display sequence info, I will use bullet pixels and maybe run it independently not sure yet I'll decide later.

Anyway here is the project to be cut in 8mm corflute 16 * 9 (144pxls) and cable tied onto a 10mm steel rod frame with spikes into my lawn (whitebait goby for the Kiwi audience).

I'm not looking for anything like the resolution of a P10 so it should be fine, looks OK in xLights preview.

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    41.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have to justify the outlay but there's only so much corflute you can have in a small yard. This is a super simple project, 5 - 10 mins drawing it and maybe 30 mins from starting the PC to taking the finished item of the CNC.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Good on you kevr!
Once I get around to it I'll be doing something similar on the school laser cutter.
Has 8mm corflute been sufficient?

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
I made all of my new stuff for this year out of 8mm, trees candycanes stars and they all worked well. We had big winds over Christmas and nothing bent or broke. The 10mm stuff would be better but I can't find any available in NZ.