Small Tree Ideas

i13

Dedicated elf
Just a little thing to note: Those white cable ties become brittle in the sunlight. It might not be as much of a problem because you're in America where it is winter when the lights are up. I just think it is worth pointing out now (before you build more display items) in case it happens.

Xoticrox

New elf
@BRW the base is 24”, bought it from Home Depot. I put two together following the way the I saw in the other post.
The only extra thing I did that wasn’t in the other post was added rubber feet to get the wooden base off the ground. But I used an old solid tire from a carnival ride for that. (I’m in the fire department here and we have our own carnival we put on for a fund raiser).

1 in. x 2 ft. x 2 ft. Pine Edge Glued Panel Round Board

Xoticrox

New elf
looks great @Xoticrox! This hobby is very addicting and you always want more... My first year with pixels was 600. Seems to multiply every year.
Between this tree and the singing tree I’m over 500 now. Lol. But I’m going to try to keep it under 1000 this year. I really like that skeleton drummer that holidaycoro has. But damn. That thing is over 1000 lights alone.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Between this tree and the singing tree I’m over 500 now. Lol. But I’m going to try to keep it under 1000 this year. I really like that skeleton drummer that holidaycoro has. But damn. That thing is over 1000 lights alone.
I don't see a pixel/node version of that on their site. Read the product carefully before ordering anything from them. The only one I see is for M5 led's

BRW

New Elf

I appreciate the info! Those look like the easy way to get started.

I've never been in the Fire Service, but I own two old firetrucks and work with the Texas Fire Museum (http://www.texasfiremuseum.org/visit). We collect, repair and restore old fire equipment. Check in with us if you're ever in the Dallas area.

Old Salt

Apprentice elf

I've never been in the Fire Service, but I own two old firetrucks and work with the Texas Fire Museum (http://www.texasfiremuseum.org/visit). We collect, repair and restore old fire equipment. Check in with us if you're ever in the Dallas area.

A gallery featuring a few pieces of equipment held by the museum would do far more to capture my interest than the current website's content.

BRW

New Elf
A gallery featuring a few pieces of equipment held by the museum would do far more to capture my interest than the current website's content.
Yep, Working on it but Covid threw a pretty hard curve. I agree that it really needs an update, preferably with dynamic content. They started and drove a '31 LaFrance Tiller last month. It's always fun to hear the old motors run.

The focus is much more on restoration than exhibits, we're pretty busy with those projects.

But the content will get there. If you're ever going to be in the neighborhood let me know. Though right now visitors are shut out. :(

Xoticrox

New elf

Yea, I followed this pretty close. This guy has it spot on and very easy to follow. Pixel Tree Build - 2018

Had mine built, glued and painted in no time.