smart / dumb rgb led bundles

USCS30

New elf
hello. i am curious to know if there is any website that sells smart (intelligent) / dumb rgb led lighting bundles for the holiday(s)? RGB led strips, pixel strands, controllers, dmx items, wiring, etc...
i am also curious if there's any of the same items stated above that is easier to install, almost like a plug and play with no soldering and wondering what wire goes where? i went to ***.seasonalentertainmentllc.*** and it's kind of what i was looking for, where you can buy the stuff preassembled. i can't seem to find any other websites that are similar. the others are confusing to me because i am just starting out with in the rgb world. i wanted to buy everything this year so i can play around with it before next holiday season and get familiar with it all. i know what i want but reading all the stuff about electricity is driving me nuts....lol! me and electric are like drinking and driving.....we don't mix! i have 3 lor controllers but i don't want to use them anymore and want to move on to more technical stuff! no pun intended! anyways, if anyone can inform me of sites to visit, that would be great! thank you!

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
If you want to move away from the LOR stuff , then you will have to learn how to Do It Yourself(DIY)..
You need to pay the price & stay with all LOR (plug & play) stuff or hire someone to do all your other DIY stuff...
You have two choices in this blinky world... DIY or LOR....
$$$$$ or Smarts......

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
You have two choices in this blinky world... DIY or LOR....
$$$$$ or Smarts......
I think you meant Smarts and $$$$$ or $$$$$
:)
I am finding out this hobby is expensive no matter what path you take. Looking at Ray's store makes me drool and I have to hide my credit card before I surf now! It's like the old saying when you grocery shop, "Don't shop for groceries when hungry" The problem is, I am always hungry for more lights/controllers/wiring et al. Things were so much easier when I was a simple alcoholic.....
j/k

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
If you want "plug n play" the way to go is LOR. You will not have to worry about wiring or sequencing or really anything (there is a small learning curve), but you will pay $$$ for it. LOR is a great product and will do most everything you want to do. That being said, if you want to expand your horizon, then DIY is the way to go. Start with just a couple of strands of pixels, a controller, a power supply some sequencing software (there are a few very good free programs out there like HLS and Vixen) and sit down and read, read, read, ask questions on chat, and read some more. Don't look at everything as a whole, just concentrate on learning one thing at a time. You will pick it up in no time at all. It maybe a little late to start this year, but start learning now and you will see how much fun it can be. Anyway WELCOME TO ACL and have fun!
John

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Maybe hang off purchasing for a while if you're not intending to use it this year.

I understand there may be a couple more suppliers of plug-n-play style RGB product in the not too distant future.

Bird

LOR user
If your looking for close to plug-n-play ... there really isn't anything (at this time) that compares to your current LOR experience. I am currently using 3 LOR controllers and 6 CCR's, pricey in comparison but easy to use, and I still get RGB.
I am in a holding pattern this year on new acquisitions, which works for me, because as David suggested there may be some sort of plug-n-play alternative in the future. (one can hope) :)