Software

tweetygirl22

New elf
Hi All
Just some feedback please we are using 48DC channel MDX.
What is the best and userfriendly software to use for this hardware?
Thank You
Paul & Dale

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I used LOR S3 Advanced in 2012 to drive 2 x DC24 DMX DC controllers and 2 x ECG-PIXAD8 pixel controllers. The set up was easy enough and worked reliably.

In 2011 I used LSP and had issues with it, both with sequencing and playback. I believe LSP should get better this year though now that it has a new owner and developer.

Slite

Full time elf
Both LOR and LSP cost a bit of money though.

If you want to look into free offerings there is Vixen 3 (that should be ready for release this year, still in beta) and HLS.

HLS has just been out for a year but is a very capable sequencer already, and Joe Hinkle who is responsible for it listens to his users and is very quick to implement new ideas. I used HLS this year for a small non audio display since I had som issues with LSP. And I was very pleased with how it worked.

harrison0550

Full time elf
I'm an LOR user as well.

After my show finished this year I did download HLS and play around with it. I was really impressed with it. Like slite said Joe Hinkle has done an amazing job and created a very robust sequencer for it to be free.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
For 48 channels then LSP may not be the best choice, LSP really shines with larger pixel based sequences, if a large pixel based diplay is what you want in the future then it may be worth going straight with LSP to save any heart ache in changing software later down the track, otherwise with 48 channels Vixen is more than capable and is free, LOR is easy to use but to run DMX you will have to buy the top priced version. HLS may be another good free option as well, but i havent really used it so I cant really speak for it. The best way is to download them all and have a play with them as they are either free or have free demos.