Sound Blaster 3 on BBB

brando

Full time elf
Swapped/transplanted one of my other controllers into this box. All working fine, been playing since this morning. Weird one, but work around works for me.

Henerybear

New elf
@AAH - Im running the HE123 with a BBB. DUe to an issue changing the USB outlet on the BBB we have gone with a Micro HDMI to VGA with a line out to try and get the audio out. Im not having any luck. The FPP only allows for the Dummy and I keep getting errors on the FPP when I try to play. All the stuff I can find on the forums is when people have used the USB connection. Anyone tried over Micro HDMI the way I have?

Attachments

• 20221121_171947.jpg
    20221121_171947.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 10

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
@AAH - Im running the HE123 with a BBB. DUe to an issue changing the USB outlet on the BBB we have gone with a Micro HDMI to VGA with a line out to try and get the audio out. Im not having any luck. The FPP only allows for the Dummy and I keep getting errors on the FPP when I try to play. All the stuff I can find on the forums is when people have used the USB connection. Anyone tried over Micro HDMI the way I have?
I've never actually used a usb sound card on a Pi or a BBB except for a bit of testing years ago. As far as hdmi that's something I have never done at all let alone trying to extract audio. Asking on the Falcon forums is probably a better option as there will be more experienced BBB FPP users there.

dkulp

Full time elf
It's not really possible. You can edit the boot/uEnv.txt to re-enable the video/audio so that the HDMI port will appear with Linux, but if you do that, you will lose about 20 outputs of the BBB cape. The HDMI is intentionally disabled on the BBB so that the pins can be used to drive pixels.

Henerybear

New elf
I've never actually used a usb sound card on a Pi or a BBB except for a bit of testing years ago. As far as hdmi that's something I have never done at all let alone trying to extract audio. Asking on the Falcon forums is probably a better option as there will be more experienced BBB FPP users there.
Thanks @AAH . Managed to get it working through the USB. Really appreciate the response. I noticed your previous comment about the death in the family. Sorry about your loss.

Reactions: AAH