Sources of Music?

penguineer

Full time elf
Partially looking for options, partially a rant......

I've been looking at music for my show.

Amazon has a great MP3 library, but doesn't allow downloads to Australia.

iTunes library doesn't have various artists(eg some mob called "Trans-Siberian Orchestra" - you may have heard of them)

So - I'm looking now at physical media(CD), which would have to be ripped to give me an MP3 for about 20 to 30 times the cost for a single track.

Before I go that far - does anyone have any other suggestions that don't involve BitTorrent or dubious legal methods?

Are there any decent Aus MP3 libraries?

One track I had hoped to use is on a CD that is apparently now a collectors item starting at $80 or downloadable as a single track in other countries for less than $1......

Annoying......

Cheers!

MarcD

Full time elf
Last year, we found music from a number of different sources. We wanted our music to be upbeat and suited to kids more than parents. We found some old Hi-5 and Wiggles Christmas CD's at bargain basement prices. I had lots of old MP3's from years ago. My wife buys every Glee CD that is ever produced and I think we bought one album on iTunes which had something like 60 songs for under $10.

We just made up a playlist in itunes, dumped it on the iPod and connected up a small speaker which hung beside the laser. Of course, last year we hadn't ventured into the world of controlled lighting. This year might be a different story. But we still have the original CD's and MP3's.

Dave

Full time elf
Try MP3VA.com 8 to 15 cents a song to download. Cheaper to buy the whole album.

Dave

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
www.7digital.com.au - UK based - not related to Channel 7 TV

If your looking for techno Jingle Bells, then don't buy this album... - the sound quality is shocking on most tracks - very narrow dynamic range (sounds terrible) - or just pure clipping :mad: The two tracks I sampled I thought it was just the previewer - but on closer inspection even iTunes & eMusic have the same ratty quality.

Moral of the story - use headphones and listen carefully on the previews!

penguineer

Full time elf
Just picked up 5 CDs of "standard" Christmas music from Crazy Clarks for $2 each.....

Some albums suffer from an overuse of accordian, but a reasonable number of simple carols and songs the kiddies should be familiar with (or with a little bent to them).

Should be reasonably easy to sequence, which suits me fine this late in the year!!!

Cheers!