Starting 2023 Hopefully - Perth

Jas0r

New elf
Hi

I have about 13m of airseeder left as did 4 arches this year plus one over the drive. Don't think I'm going to need it anywhere next year as most of my concentration will be on a tree and maybe garage matrix as that is what seems to be the trend.
Got it from here
$170 for 30m
Im in Ardross if you wanted if needed.

Cheers

bassowl

New elf
Hi @someoneAUS - I'm in Perth (Aubin Grove) and just starting to investigate this stuff. Every year I read the guides, but this is the year I get started! I think you're a bit further ahead than I am, but if you're interested in doing some combined shipping stuff when you start ordering gear, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing your first display in 2023!

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Bit of a slow reply. Got Covid as a Christmas present for the household this year.

I have about 13m of airseeder left as did 4 arches this year plus one over the drive. Don't think I'm going to need it anywhere next year as most of my concentration will be on a tree and maybe garage matrix as that is what seems to be the trend.
The airseeder hose is the one thing I have. Hoseco is pretty much walking distance from my house so I have my own 30m roll. Good to see another Perth person I can lean on for advice. My boy loved your red light green light video.

Hi @someoneAUS - I'm in Perth (Aubin Grove) and just starting to investigate this stuff. Every year I read the guides, but this is the year I get started! I think you're a bit further ahead than I am, but if you're interested in doing some combined shipping stuff when you start ordering gear, let me know.

Looking forward to seeing your first display in 2023!
I am not sure my first display will be much to look at. Im only attempting to impress a 3... I guess will be 4 year old who seems to just want the arches. I have ordered a couple of power supplies and quin led controllers to get my feet wet and some strips for the eaves. However if we end up doing strings and @paullyxmas76 isn't stocking GS8208 Ill probably put up a thread or at least ping a few people re combining shipping.

Kim_H

New elf
Hi

Got it from here
$170 for 30m
Im in Ardross if you wanted if needed.

Cheers
I'm interested in your air seeder tube.
I'm in Helena Valley

Kim

Last edited:

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Another Perth based first timer here :)

Based in Woodvale and will be doing my first order in the next week or so. Really looking forward to getting into it :)

hopefully pixels are a little more reliable than last year!

notthemama

New elf
Adopted Sand-Groper here.

Our lights have been left up for 14 months this past season. They are still up now, and will stay up. I expect some of the led strip's will start failing. Perth's UV is lethal. It destroys all. This is the second time I have left all pixels up for 2 seasons.

The first few years we had brightness on full. We

Half that time at least they have been in direct sunlight from 10am to 7pm wst.

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Not sure where else to put this so tacking it on to this thread if there is a more appropriate place please let me know.

ExtremeLightingDisplays has the newer EFL stuff available now. I am planning on putting in an order for a couple of the showstopper spinners as well as some other bits and bobs if anyone is keen on splitting shipping let me know in the next couple of days.
https://www.extremelightingdisplays.com.au/

Edit: Orders have been placed

Last edited:

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am in Secret Harbour , Swanson Way if you need a longer drive
And I am in Collie if you want an even longer drive xD :cool:
I have not done a display in a couple of years but this year going to get back into it after driving around last year and noticed a real lack of xmas lights.
I gave me dad the CLAP a few years ago and his display (solar lights only) has gotten so huge he spends hours every night chatting to visitors.
We visited him on xmas eve in Kalamunda and then went for a drive to look for some lights and found very few in an around Kalamunda, High Wycombe and out to Midland.
All of you guys that are putting on displays in that area please add your addresses to the display map this year so my 2 daughters can go and have a look :)They live near Midland.

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
All of you guys that are putting on displays in that area please add your addresses to the display map this year so my 2 daughters can go and have a look :)They live near Midland.
Thanks for the reminder! Forgot all about this. Unfortunately not near midland but good to update where the displays are happening

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I'm in Stratton so close to Midland... when I am confident that I will actually have a display I'll get it added to the map. At the moment the year seems to have gotten away from me.