Strip tree starting point help required

xmasbull

Pease and Good wll
Guys can someone point me into the right direction please I have read up on all 101 manual and ECG-P12r as I have posted photos of the strips I have purchased from Ray Wu power supply the S-350-12 as well as the ECG-P12s My Question is can someone point me in the direction of a forum that shows assembly of the strip, power and P12 as I have looked endlessly for a starting point as the RGB strip has 2 power wires and 3 other wires white , green and red which to me indicates on the strip 12v red, grnd white and din green
now correct me if I am heading in the wrong direction the 2 loose red and white are connected to power supply and the plug wires in to the P12 red to v+ white gnd and green is din so is this the dat or clk ??
I have read so many forums of fellow people connecting wrong things and stuffing up systems I would like to be save then sorry , cheers
Xmasbull

kane

Dedicated elf
Sounds like your RGB strip is "dumb", ie, the whole strip lights up the same, as opposed to "smart" which allows each LED (or in some cases, 3 LEDs), be controlled individually.

To control dumb strip, you'll need a DC controller. These don't connect up to a P12R - a P12R connects to smart pixels.

Just to be sure, please post a link to the product you've got, so we can make sure our info is correct.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
That looks like intelligent strip judging by the connectors. A closeup of the first 100mm of one end would be good.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Pictures are way too small still. I was wanting to see (in fine detail) the first 100mm as that will confirm if they are intelligent or not.

Do you have a link to the exact item on the site you bought them from?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The green wire (DI or data in) on the strip goes to the data terminal on the P12. Trace the red and white wires on the strip to see where they go. My guess would be that red is +12 and white is ground, but it will be marked on the strip.