Superman's virtual santa setup

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
He is still by far the most popular thing in my display this year.
This year I have loaded him onto a Raspberry PI and that turns the projector on at 7pm loops the sequence and shuts it all down at 10pm.

roo

Full time elf
I had 25 people tonight and they all loved it. I just put it onto the blockout curtain and that did the trick for me. Worked a treat!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Superman said:
He is still by far the most popular thing in my display this year.
This year I have loaded him onto a Raspberry PI and that turns the projector on at 7pm loops the sequence and shuts it all down at 10pm.

That's an excellent use for a Pi. I can now see more Pi in my future [emoji3]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
My sister in law moved into a street where they all do lights and is very well known throughout the illawarra. Its been very competeative and with her house being the only one that chases and does colour changes it appears the neighbours are trying to raise the bar. So i thought i would save my trump card for last and use a virtual santa in her front window.

What is the best material to use and where would the best place to get it from.

Steve where did you get your plastic sheet from, ill check with Bunnings this afternoon.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Fasteddy said:
My sister in law moved into a street where they all do lights and is very well known throughout the illawarra. Its been very competeative and with her house being the only one that chases and does colour changes it appears the neighbours are trying to raise the bar. So i thought i would save my trump card for last and use a virtual santa in her front window.

What is the best material to use and where would the best place to get it from.

Steve where did you get your plastic sheet from, ill check with Bunnings this afternoon.

As mentioned I get a plastic table cloth from spotlight for $1.67 that does the trick here for me and looks extremely realistic and generally has the adults pretty baffled to how it's done.
One year i did use a white latex material but as mine is in a ground level window I found you could see the projector light shine too much thru it.