Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for May 23-24

mborg10

Michael Borg
Re: Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for 23-24th of May please let me know if your coming

Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
BensChristmasLights said:
ok guys Ryan has opened the registration for the Sydney mini so can you all please register if you coming just to confirm numbers thanks everyone
Where do we register?
Cool, doesn't show up on tapatalk have to go on the PC

B_P_J

Full time elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for 23-24th of May please let me know if your coming

Hey guys,
I have a request:
Can someone/anyone please bring a strip of 12v 2811 30/10IC p/m & 12v 2811 60/20IC p/m i am really needing to decide which way to go, everyone says just to go the 30/10IC but i fear because i used 60 LED p/m dumb RGB strips in last years show i might not get the same feel/brightness i had,
At least if i can see the 2 together it may help me decide easier, or decide to use 30/10 for some and the 60/20 for others,
Thanks in advance, really looking forward to this, not long now...

mborg10

Michael Borg

bpj1980 said:
Hey guys,
I have a request:
Can someone/anyone please bring a strip of 12v 2811 30/10IC p/m & 12v 2811 60/20IC p/m i am really needing to decide which way to go, everyone says just to go the 30/10IC but i fear because i used 60 LED p/m dumb RGB strips in last years show i might not get the same feel/brightness i had,
At least if i can see the 2 together it may help me decide easier, or decide to use 30/10 for some and the 60/20 for others,

Even though it only has 10ic each section has 3 RGB LEDs running off the one chip. The module I use in my stars and candy canes have the same spacing. A module is basically cut up strip. Trust me they will be plenty bright and you will have no complaints. Honestly I think your worrying about it too much.

And the money you save you can buy more tubes LOL

logandc99

Dedicated elf

bpj1980 said:
Hey guys,
I have a request:

I use 12v 2811 30/10IC p/m in my roof outline and in my Megatree and they are plenty bright enough. In fact, between shows when the lights are doing the more static part of the display, I have to set the strip on the megatree to 30% so it doesnt burn out people's retinas, its so bright. Not to mention the fact that the neighbours get lit up like.... well..... christmas trees.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

I have only used the 30 LEDs/m for my lighting and will agree with the others that anything more is hard to justify. Remember that you need to manage all those extra channels and voltage drop, so you need to weigh up if its worth going to the extra effort and cost needed to use 60 LEDs/m which will be a considerable difference (twice the power supplies/cabling/cost of strip/controllers)

Im not sure if you are trying to be seen from space, if that being the case then go for the 60 or even the 120 LED/m :D

Benslights

Dedicated elf

ok guys and girls

Shire has got back to me about the parking on Saturday. we will be able to block park in loading dock 3. we will have to cram all the cars in this area.

sunday parking will be in the hi-mix ceoncrete factory next door as last year.

passes will be pm'd to those coming during the week. if you do not have a pass and want to park in markets it will be $52 for the day.

so make sure you register so we know your coming

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ

ok guys and girls

Shire has got back to me about the parking on Saturday. we will be able to block park in loading dock 3. we will have to cram all the cars in this area.

sunday parking will be in the hi-mix ceoncrete factory next door as last year.

passes will be pm'd to those coming during the week. if you do not have a pass and want to park in markets it will be $52 for the day.

so make sure you register so we know your coming
I will need parking both days please. ;)

darylc

404 darylc not found

This box of new 2015 controllers will be making an appearance at the Sydney mini.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 30

Benslights

Dedicated elf

who says there are any door prizes??? :(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

who says there are any door prizes??? :(

I will be bringing a door prize :D

mborg10

Michael Borg

I'll be bringing something. Not a door prize but something you put in your mouth. I asked my wife to make double cause she is going to a baby shower so it's bound to be full of sugar.

roo

Full time elf

Wonder if bill brings his scones this year