Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for May 23-24

B_P_J

Full time elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for 23-24th of May please let me know if your coming

Ok so as a newbie and first time attendee i would like to say thank you all for such an amazing event, it was such a great time, so many people helping each other, hugely appreciate all the effort that went into it, it was fantastic meeting you all and finally putting faces to each of you, so many great people, i appreciate everyone taking the time to do the presentations and then answering any stupid questions i had, i hope to catch up with some of you throughout the year, and obviously keep getting booted out of chat, lol, seriously though:
THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!! :D :D :D

firebug

Senior elf
Re: Sydney Mini 2015 booked in for 23-24th of May please let me know if your coming

Thanx all that contributed to the mini. Once again a massive effort. I caught up with some familiar faces and met some new ones. 10/10 everyone... 8)

Bokines

New elf

Hi Ben,

Had a great time at the Christmas Mini.
We both really enjoyed the 2 days.

Learnt so much. Really inspired us for this years display.

Can't wait for the next Mini.

Cheers

Kevin & Brett

gerry

Senior elf

To Ben and all the organisers,

Thanks very much for all your efforts !
Enjoyed both days and it was nice to meet people.

Thanks to all who brought their setups and gear and took time to patiently explain it again and again.

And thanks to the people who provided door prizes and the yummy food !

Gerry

Benslights

Dedicated elf

thanks everyone for turning up and for all the presenters.
Darylc all the way from Adelaide
Nzlongfellow from you guessed it nz
Bradxmas lights from Brissy
fasteddy from Sydney
bbayjohn from batemans bay
Lithgow lights from Lithgow

also would like to thank Christmas in the shire for organising the venue this year and for all those that turned up and had a great time over the last 2 days. I has made it well worth organising.

great meeting new faces :eek: :mad: :D ;)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Thanks Ben and everyone that helped and turned up to make the mini special for 2015

AussieDoug

Full time elf

Great to hear the mini was a hit, bit of a pity that we couldn't make it this year.

Just wondering, what were the door prizes & who won them?

mborg10

Michael Borg

Thanks everyone for putting on another great mini especially shire as without a venue as good as we have we would just be wondering the streets.

My to do list just got a lot bigger and I'm already behind schedule.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

Did scones make it the mini this year (remembering of course. photos or it didn't happen)?

firebug

Senior elf

Scones made it. And there are photos. It happened. Dave, help a brother out?

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ

Thanks for your organisation Ben, and to my fellow presenters.
It is all about sharing and there are no dumb questions, remember we all started somewhere.

Thanks everyone for delivering my goodies....was no problems getting the tubes home on the plane but only made it 5 mins before the doors closed.

Loved the 787 Dreamliner flight home. Very comfortable seating, auto tint windows and fast.

I am looking at projecting onto the very top part of the building, with my NEW projector, so loved the presentation on the splitting and shaping John presented.

I will followup on the Porcupine Fish Attracters for those who showed interest. I will open a new thread and see about a bulk buy when I get more details.

Attachments

• STDC.pdf
    184.2 KB · Views: 16

brianvernon

New elf

My sentiments exactly
thanks to all who presented and attended the mini
made for a great weekend .
looking forward to every ones displays this year. and also mine if I can get those BLOODY lights to work
LOL . thanks ben for your efforts al least you made me feel better about myself as it was not just me that couldn't get them to work .

bbayjohn

Senior elf

nzlongfellow said:
Thanks for your organisation Ben, and to my fellow presenters.
It is all about sharing and there are no dumb questions, remember we all started somewhere.

Thanks everyone for delivering my goodies....was no problems getting the tubes home on the plane but only made it 5 mins before the doors closed.

Loved the 787 Dreamliner flight home. Very comfortable seating, auto tint windows and fast.

I am looking at projecting onto the very top part of the building, with my NEW projector, so loved the presentation on the splitting and shaping John presented.

I will followup on the Porcupine Fish Attracters for those who showed interest. I will open a new thread and see about a bulk buy when I get more details.

VPT7 sure makes projection easy. https://hcgilje.wordpress.com/vpt/
Some videos to guide you threw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZp9RF0x8TY
VPT Group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vpt-forum
Something I didn't talk about is that you can project other shapes other than square. Lots of cool effects to be found and its free.