Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini 2019 we are starting to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok While everything is fresh in our heads from setup this year and sequencing lets start putting down suggestions for topics for the Sydney mini 2019.

topics so far

networking
mega trees
1. Pixel counts on controllers - advantages and disadvantages of making out each port
2. Music and video choices - where to get them legally
3. Basic setup (something for the new people, maybe as a breakout group). From wiring to simple basic show configuration and outputting to lights. Lets try to make this something that we have demo's on more than 1 brand of controller
4. Repair of pixel strings (Sorry I dont do pixel strip, but maybe someone can demo that too?)
5. Building your own props - ideas, building and use
6. Storing all this stuff!

Last edited:

darylc

404 darylc not found
More importantly, when and where is it being held?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yep, one of the best time wasters out there... And much less frequent updates, and you know how people feel about that :D

Seriously:
1. Pixel counts on controllers - advantages and disadvantages of making out each port
2. Music and video choices - where to get them legally
3. Basic setup (something for the new people, maybe as a breakout group). From wiring to simple basic show configuration and outputting to lights. Lets try to make this something that we have demo's on more than 1 brand of controller
4. Repair of pixel strings (Sorry I dont do pixel strip, but maybe someone can demo that too?)
5. Building your own props - ideas, building and use
6. Storing all this stuff!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Sounds like a great mini already! Wonder if Mrs DJ will let me travel again next year...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When Xlights can export to Minleon SD card and can operate the NDB via E1.31 or ArtNet then Lss seems redundant.
I must say I haven't even looked at Lss as Xlights does everything I want and need plus more

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Power, voltage, current and connection requirements for lighting elements.There are basics that really need to be understood.
The use and using of tools. Crimpers, bootlace crimpers, soldering iron and multimeters.
Much as I'd love to get to a NSW I don't see it happening.

B_P_J

Full time elf
1. Pixel counts on controllers - advantages and disadvantages of making out each port - I can talk J1sys and how to use them, (most people want Falcon, as do I...)
2. Music and video choices - where to get them legally - ? huh what's legally? count me out...
3. Basic setup (something for the new people, maybe as a breakout group). From wiring to simple basic show configuration and outputting to lights. Lets try to make this something that we have demo's on more than 1 brand of controller - I like the breakout group idea like we had last year, many good questions came from that, just a general sit down and discuss in a relaxing aspect,
4. Repair of pixel strings (Sorry I dont do pixel strip, but maybe someone can demo that too?) - I could help with that one, lol... been repairing and joining lots of strip this year..
5. Building your own props - ideas, building and use - something else I could possibly talk about, you know how my mind works when I see a possibility, lol
6. Storing all this stuff! - in the roof, boxes etc...

7. Absolute must again is waterproofing, how much silicone to use... and things to check when using strip (counts you out ll, lol)
8. Enclosure's, Central location versus controllers out in field, advantages and disadvantages of each.
9. Power injection, PSU's, Fusing, general electrical, maybe some OHM's Law exams, advanced physics, sex education? (BensLights would benefit from this one)

Bryan H

Bryan
Xschedule vs FPP pros/cons, benefits of using FPP etc Configuration of remotes (Have to thank LL and Ben for the help in setting up my remote on zoom)
Maybe a bit on the 2d/3d setup of a display from scratch
I know there was something else I thought of before Xmas that would be good to talk about at a mini, but now escapes my memory....

Now I remember, a live cross chat with someone like Clive or David pitts about their ideas and products etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.