Temp Sensor Display

arw01

Full time elf
I would not through in the towel either, it's feature creep.

one word for those that want remote monitoring, get a 1-wire system going, tell you all sorts of interesting data if you set it up, can be controlled by a number of industrial strength controllers, down to a raspberry pi down to even arduo I would bet and we know they can be wireless.

davrus

Silent elf
I agree, your idea is a good one.

And at the right price, I would be interested.

I have one enclosure with a controller and power supplies. Yes, the controller monitors the temperature.

But I also have another 3 enclosures with only a power supply. I would like to know whats happening inside them.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
You can get cheap, standard footprint LCDs on eBay; about $4.50 for a compact 8x2 type and even a bit less for the more common 16x2 type.

A $20 LCD from Jaycar is just too expensive for an add-on like this I reckon.

Using a smaller micro will help with cost and size constraints.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
I found this while surfing on ebay. For $12 it's hard to ignore. I would think that the display shows the current temp with the "set" control allowing a temperature to be preset to turn on a fan. I saw 12V and 240V versions of it.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
That looks like the unit one of my guys bought to control something in his home brew setup. Worked a treat if I remember correctly. :)