1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Testing your lights

Discussion in 'LightShow Pro (LSP)' started by cscool36, Oct 31, 2013.

1. cscool36

cscool36 Full Time Elf

Hi All.
    Is there a way to test all your channels in LSP.
    I know you can do by bank in test controller hardware but I would like to test the controller (E681) with all lights on.

Thanks
    Colin

2. AAH

AAH I love blinky lights :) Community Project Designer

Find Me On:
    If you're not fussed with trying to do it from within LSP then an easy option is to use an app from David_AVD. da_e131 is an easy way to test E1.31 devices.

3. DeeJai

DeeJai Is that Magic Smoke?!?

another option would be to make a new sequence with =all your controllers, then just do all lights on etc

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    I just make a test sequence that shows red, green and blue then yellow, purple and aqua and then finally white, this way you can test all colour combinations

5. kane

kane Dedicated Elf

Find Me On:
    I actually have a custom util that I put together that runs on my PC and provides a web interface (as well as desktop control) I enter the universe number and channel numbers for each element, which are loaded into a list. I can then go out front with the ipad, and turn on individual elements (or groups) to make sure they're working properly, including choice of colours etc. Saves me running upstairs and back down to do my testing. Also saves me turning on all lights when setting up each item.

I really don't have the time to try and package it up for generic use, but any programmers out there that might want to have a play, I'm more than happy to provide the vb.net source code.

It'd actually be very simple for LSP to offer the same sort of functionality as this - allowing people to test their displays via a web browser - might suggest as a feature for the new version.

6. vincerules

vincerules Full Time Elf

7. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    The other way is just to use the test sequences that the E68x controllers have built in to them if you are just wanting to test the lights without any data

8. DanJ

DanJ Full Time Elf

Another route you can go is to install SACNVIEW on your PC. It can run sinewaves and other test signals and contains a DMX channel monitoring function so you can troubleshoot when/if needed. Being able to "watch" LOR/xlights/SACNVIEW signals has helped me in the last week or so in isolating to "just" LOR for example.

9. OP
    OP
    cscool36

cscool36 Full Time Elf

Thanks for the Idea's.
    I will Try.
    Colin