Thank you Xlights team

Boof63

Senior elf
Brilliant!!!, love the matrix tree characters, oh well back the drawing board for me!!
Cheers Boof63

franky_888

Full time elf
The level of detail is amazing. Very nice work.

Out of interest how long did each of these sequences take you?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
franky_888 said:
The level of detail is amazing. Very nice work.

Out of interest how long did each of these sequences take you?

Too long. Quite a few hours (have no idea how many but quite a few) which is why I often only get about three or four sequences done for a show each year.

arw01

Full time elf
Sorry to see you leave LSP user land.

However, that was an absolute pleasure to watch and is the very first xlights sequence I have ever seen done to the beat right on the nose and really great use of NOT using cookie cutter all over the place.

Very much will go into my example folder of extremely well done sequences.

Alan

logandc99

Dedicated elf
arw01 said:
Sorry to see you leave LSP user land.

However, that was an absolute pleasure to watch and is the very first xlights sequence I have ever seen done to the beat right on the nose and really great use of NOT using cookie cutter all over the place.

Very much will go into my example folder of extremely well done sequences.

Alan

Thanks Alan.
I had used LSP the last two years and managed to get some sequences done but the degree of frustration with the software was huge. Tried to persist this year but after about a couple of hours, the problems with the current LSP became to much to stand for another year. I have to say, (having previously used LOR and LSP) Xlights has been an absolute pleasure to sequence with. It's actually extremely easy to use. Each of the effects with the default settings are great but you can go deeper and customise each one to get even more variety. And, cut and paste works! :D .
I hope that LSP does come out with a good software package when the new version finally arrives because it's only good for the hobby to have so many choices of software and helps drive the different sequencers to do even cooler things each year. But for me, I am very happy with Xlights and only see it going from strength to strength because of the great development team behind it (and it runs on a Mac too!!)

smeighan

Dedicated elf
So Logan, you have all the developers
Dave Pitts
Dan Kulp
Gil Jones
Steve giron
Myself.

We all were impressed with your Star Wars sequence. It shows the power of the design of xlights that your show ported onto each of our different layouts. I think Star Wars is one of my most popular sequences.

In order
1) Virtual Santa in upstairs windows
2) Logan Carpenters Star Wars's
3) Toby Mac Light of Christmas.

I used Lights of Christmas and Because its Christmas from www.holidaysequences.com

the superstar *.sup file imported with no issues directly into xlights (Thanks Dan and Gil for that capability)

sean

logandc99

Dedicated elf
There is no doubt Xlights is a great sequencer. It is the most enjoyable and straight forward sequencer I have used. And I still feel that I have only scratched the surface of what it can do. My display has been a great success with lots of people enjoying the lights. And my Star WArs vid on YouTube has just hit 22K so not too bad - not exactly viral - more of a slight sniffle [emoji1] but not bad for me. So as the topic heading says "thank you Xlights team"

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yep I used Logan's sequence in my show. Took me about an hour to massage it to work on my display. I added the Star Wars logo with exploding meteors in the background on my P10 panel. It got my display on the news because they were focusing on the debut of the movie.
http://www.kvoa.com/story/30787736/tucson-man-takes-star-wars-holiday-to-next-level

I told the reporter it wasn't my sequence that it was one of our users but they don't care. I had people showing up thinking my display is only Star Wars and were like "hey I thought this was the Star Wars house?"...."You changed it back to a Christmas display?". I was like I have 1 song out of 5 that is Star Wars focused but that's all the news wanted to see.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Gilrock said:
...."You changed it back to a Christmas display?".

That's hilarious. Did they not notice the ginormous 40 foot snowman in the news report. I think I'm safe to say, and it won't ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, that there is not a 40 foot, waving and smiling snowman in Star Wars.