The dreaded flickers

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I have a board that for some reason intermittently all the channels/lights flicker on and off very fast for about 5-10 secs. There is nothing in LSP to tell them to do this, I have changed boards, renumbered channels, changed universes, cat 5 cable, DR4 output to a completely different unit but it still happens. It is not at any set time during the songs and doesn't follow any pattern of channels on other controllers that it is occurring on.

The PSU is connected to this board and another and the other one doesnt flicker so I guess it rules out the PSU.

Any suggestions

Dave

Full time elf
Last year i had a heap of hassels with the dongle i was using. It would stop a set of lights or a goup of lights for one song and the next it would be fine.
This year i'm using a dr4 with no problems.

Dave

kane

Dedicated elf
Given you've swapped controllers over, and the same controller does the same thing in a different part of the display, suggests to me that the controller is buggered.

Now, how to fix it - I'll leave that up to the experts! What type of controller is it?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Below are bits and pieces from chat related to this discussion. Nothing resolved yet.

(15:49:07) AAH: what sort of board beacy and are all the lights flickering synchronous with each other(15:50:33) Beacy: it was a t48 but now its a AVD DC48 with Ver1.1 and yes all at the same time and it appears to be every channel

(17:56:37) Beacy: The only common issue is that it happens just b4 during or after I have a signale going to channels 1-6 on universe 1 board 1 - but the problem is on universe 22 that is no where near the other board

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
made an error in chat - this board I haven't changed it is stil a t48 - Ive run out of boards to switch it with till tomorrow.

Ive also run a test sequence removing and signal going to channels 1-6 on Universe 1 - issue still occurs
Tried changing start channel on board to 11 to remove and conflict with ch 1-6 still occurs

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Have you tried it with a new sequence with that stand alone universe. I did have some randomness awhile ago and it was something to do with LSP. I found the problem after I layed it out on a big Spread sheet.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I had the same issue with a T48 and i found that i had a FET burnt out on the board that was causing issues as the T48 does not have DMX isolation like the AVD boards and the bad FET must have been playing havoc with the signal and voltage. So i would check that the FETS are all ok and also a good spray of CO2 contact spray may help if you have any dirt and dust on the board