The time has come

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
It would appear that our community may not be as important to Ray Wu as it was, yes there are some orders that do arrive on time when he is not busy but 3 orders in a row with excuse after excuse and ingnoring messages and requests has made me consider that maybe the time has come to look for an alternative supplier that wants the thousands of dollars that we spend each year.

Would be interest to hear of any other suppliers that others have used

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Beacy said:
It would appear that our community may not be as important to Ray Wu as it was, yes there are some orders that do arrive on time when he is not busy but 3 orders in a row with excuse after excuse and ingnoring messages and requests has made me consider that maybe the time has come to look for an alternative supplier that wants the thousands of dollars that we spend each year.

Would be interest to hear of any other suppliers that others have used

I use Ray a lot.. he always backs up his stuff, ,(and unfortunately that has been needed several times)..... but he has indeed been getting slower and slower at responding. Sometimes he doesn't respond at all unless I prod him many times.

Finding someone that treats us all good and stands behind is products is not going to be easy..

Not sure how to fix this other than to let Ray know of the problem en mass and see what he does.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Following this with interest as many other will be. Ive only ordered from ray a few times and never an issue. Mind you it has always been early in the year. Ill place another order early next year for next christmas at this stage.

davrus

Silent elf
I have no complaint with Ray. My last order, he did forget to send me the tracking number , and when I realised it was time to ask what was going on, the delivery arrived that very day.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I have not bought much from Ray, just some plugs and pixel strips. Bought them very early.
Made an inquiry recently that he admitted he missed.
I bought my power supplies and 12mm pixels strings from

[SIZE=small]Leo Zhou-Export Manager[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Shenzhen Newlight Optoelectronics Co., Ltd.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Add: Building A3, Nantian Technology Park, Blv. Luogang[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Songgang, Shenzhen-518105, China[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Tel: +86-755-27394882 27394885[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Fax: +86-755-27494886[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Cell: +86-13823681776[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]Skype: leo.zhou-newlight[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/color]E-mail: leo.zhou@lednlt.comleo.zhou@lednlt.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]http://www.lednlt.en.alibaba.com[/SIZE]

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
The nice thing about Ray is he takes PayPal ... dunno if anyone else in the Alibaba chain will do so or can....
DHL is a pain, and the cost for shipping was high

I also buy stuff on pre-orders and company sales here in the states and in bulk...This way the price is cheaper.
I watched one of my pre-orders make its way via container, go through customs, through the panama Canal arrive in the states, go through customs again, go to the dealer, and then get sent to me....it took about 5 months but it was worth it.

-Blu

livetoride

Full time elf
Don't know about anyone else but I made an order last week took a bit for ray to reply but I got an email during the night to say it's posted and on its way! He may be getting on to things!

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I have never had a issue with Ray.

I keep it simple

I start the email with:

Hi Ray I hope you are doing well. could you please provide me with a quote.

I email him with links to each Item I want and I ask if they are all in stock.

then i go onto chat with him and ask him has he received my email. then i normally have the quote back then or in the morning. then i let him know in chat order is paid for and i hope you have a great week.

then in a few days i have my order on the door step in a few days.

i have used ray for 3 years and never had a issue with him and every time i help others get a order done with ray. i still have no issue.

this is his biggest time of year and this is why if i ever place a order at this time it is a small order. like 5v psu i did 2 weeks ago that i got in 3 days from time of order.

one thing i always keep in mind also is that i am not rays only customer.

as my day job working for a wholesaler i know a lot of people want things last week but leave it to a week later to order.

even if you do not have the money to pay for it right now i would talk to ray about it and give him a heads up as he may be placing a order with the wholesaler before you order and then can add your stock to the order so it is on his shelf when you order it.

dale82

Senior elf
I personally have not had an issue with Ray and deliveries. My last order was received under a week and that was for a custom order. I try and make sure I order earlier on so I don't get disappointed.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
I have never had a problem with Ray. My last order was 3 weeks ago and it was delivered in 6 days and I live 350ks north of Adelaide.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I think it must be us Victorians Beacy. I have had several deliveries that have taken up to a couple of months to ship. On my last delivery last year I went weeks without getting a reply to emails but I did immediately after I mentioned a paypal dispute. I also got lights and a tracking number pretty well instantly at that point. Over my 10 or so deliveries from Ray I have probably had 4 that haven't shipped for a month after payment.

mborg10

Michael Borg
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
I have never had a issue with Ray.

I keep it simple

I start the email with:

Hi Ray I hope you are doing well. could you please provide me with a quote.

I email him with links to each Item I want and I ask if they are all in stock.

then i go onto chat with him and ask him has he received my email. then i normally have the quote back then or in the morning. then i let him know in chat order is paid for and i hope you have a great week.

then in a few days i have my order on the door step in a few days.

i have used ray for 3 years and never had a issue with him and every time i help others get a order done with ray. i still have no issue.

this is his biggest time of year and this is why if i ever place a order at this time it is a small order. like 5v psu i did 2 weeks ago that i got in 3 days from time of order.

one thing i always keep in mind also is that i am not rays only customer.

as my day job working for a wholesaler i know a lot of people want things last week but leave it to a week later to order.

even if you do not have the money to pay for it right now i would talk to ray about it and give him a heads up as he may be placing a order with the wholesaler before you order and then can add your stock to the order so it is on his shelf when you order it.

Although Ray is doing lots of orders he is still in essence a small business. If he wasn't, he wouldn't deal with the likes of us and would have a store on alibaba not aliexpress. Jumpin into chat is a good way for Ray to remember you as it is easy to skim over emails, especially if he is getting hundreds. As Ben showed in his example, be nice, be memorable and build a good relationship.

It happens in industry everywhere. I am piping designer for the mines and they leave it to the last minute then want everything built before cyclone season. My mum works for a blinds company and first hot day everyone wants blinds before christmas.

These days I try and do my orders in March that way if there is a delay, its not going to hurt the display.

In my first year being inexperienced I bought some 12v strings from a Chinese vendor off aliexpress. I paid by bank transfer (now I only do Paypal)
well they claim they did not receive any money, so at my own cost I paid for a trace on the money. It went thru 5 different banks before it landed it theirs. Even with this proof they denied receiving the money. It wasn't until I got Aliexpress involved and they threatened to removed their shop that they said they would send me the goods for free without payment. hmmmm I had proof I paid though.

Richie4540

Full time elf
Can someone confirm Ray wu's email address please, I want to place an order but not sure if I sent it to the right place.